skymiles

300-Way on TV - UPDATE

Although I saw a promo for the 300-way to be aired tonight (Wednesday) on TBS at 9PM ET, their on-line schedule does not list it. Tonight, TBS is airing Ripley’s Believe It Or Not episode 410. The 300-way is featured in episode 411 but the is no air date for that episode. So it may be aired tonight or next week - I’m not sure.

Phil

The 300-way coverage on Ripley's was pretty much a joke. They only covered it for about 2 minutes of their 60 minute show and they sensationalized everything in ways only a whuffo would understand.

Seeing the huge rubberband ball crash to the earth from the skyvan was neat (they said it fell at over 400 mph), but then once you've seen one car crash to the earth (ie: the Good Stuff video and/or DVD), you've seen a huge rubberband ball fall as well.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Seeing the huge rubberband ball crash to the earth from the skyvan was neat (they said it fell at over 400 mph), but then once you've seen one car crash to the earth (ie: the Good Stuff video and/or DVD), you've seen a huge rubberband ball fall as well.

Maybe so, but don't try to tell me that the resulting crater wasn't impressive!B|

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Seeing the huge rubberband ball crash to the earth from the skyvan was neat (they said it fell at over 400 mph),

well, i don't think it was going over 400 mph, but it was hallin ass. if you see the exit, you see (i think jason peters) tucked up tight ass hell head down, and it was still pulling away from him.

so it was movin, FAST.

i was disapointed though, i knew it more than likely would do what it did, but i was hoping thas it would bounce back up really high, but i hade my hopes set too high :P

later

I'm sure you noticed that they gave that ball of rubber more time than they gave the 300-way, with all the effort that the jumpers, pilots, and ground crews put into it. Aarrggh!
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

" with all the effort that the jumpers, pilots, and ground crews put into it. "

I don't think it's that surprising. Let's say both shows were 1/2 hour long. Which would you want to watch? The show where there's 300 people, who in the course of 1/2 hr are really faceless, and all the time and effort they put into it to jump out of an airplace and hold hands (which is what it looks like to Joe Viewer); or the 1/2 hr show where you get to know the small group involved, what they're thinking, they're personalities and then a huge rubberband ball go CRASHING into the ground and bouncing up into the air unlike anything that's ever been done.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

That has been a criticism of skydiving videos and events in the past: that they are not personalized enough for people who don't understand it, so it looks like a freak show to many whuffos.

Actually, my favorite videos sometimes are the ones where I've done point-of-view in something like a 12 or 15-way RW jump or a free-fly jump where someone is trying to make a signal or take a grip. I also love watching other peoples' stuff when they capture the same sort of things on tape. Those videos contain close up laughter or gestures where you can get a better feel about the dynamics.
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143