lawrocket

What not to wear

The collar might also lay over the top of the 3-rings. Not a pretty thought, is it?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I had a sunglass strap come out from under my helmet and smack the hell out of my neck once. It left a huge welt and it hurt too!

You can read about an incident that our very own Sangiro had with a pair of pants he wore on a jump here:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=242477#242477
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Rugby shirts, my Tikki necklace (Maori bone carving), spare chin strap webbing, and the excess elastic on my goggles have all given cause to wince.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

spare chin strap webbing,

The red mark from that looks just like a hickey :D.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Had my collar come out of my jump suit before except it had a button on it :o Now you talk about hurt like HELL! I tried putting it back in while in freefall and my friend that I was jumping with said I looked like I was haveing an attack or something...:)

Gravity powered...Air cooled!

They'd need to be good-sized collars to coer the rings, kind of like a Bozo the Clown outfit. With smaller golf-shirt collars (sometimes I end up wearing them on a jump), just make sure there is a jumpsuit over them and that they are covered by its collar. Then it ends up being OK.
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

One of the first jumps I did in a pair of nylon shorts taught me not to wear boxer shorts as an undergarment!
Near the beginning of freefall from 13'500 the shorts begin to smack my thighs, which I could handle, but soon afterwards the boxers began to flap against my family jewels! Ouuuuuuch!
Needless to say, I spent the rest of the dive clutching the loose material and my jewels, whilst attempting to remain belly-stable for the remainder of the descent. I was basically doing a practice ripcord touch for several thousand feet until pull time, with excellent form.
From then onwards, any dive I make in shorts has been and will be in a pair of briefs, and snug ones at that.
Guys, pay attention and learn from the mistakes of others or B|:o

Lesson learned: do NOT wear a shirt with a collar when jump. It'll smack your face - repeatedly - like a dang snare drum.

Anybody else ever wear something stupid?

Dude,

Don't you listen to your instructors??:D

Shark
AFF/I

On my 12th jump I exited visor up with my Oxygn A3.

I spent the whole freefall trying to get the visor latched and the helmet back down over my head. When I finally got it together, I could see my jump coach 50 feet away just laughing his ass off. :o

. . =(_8^(1)

Do not wear your goggles loose! On my first AFF jump I thought I had them tight enough in the plane but the minute I was out of the plane they popped up on my forehead. I didn't even try to fix them but I remember thinking, "Man, if I hit a bug, I'm screwed!!!" They've been secure on every jump since!:P

--
A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. -Oliver Wendel Holmes

Don't wear a tank top while jumpmastering S/L students out of a C-182.
When you lean out to spot, the student gets an eye full.
Refered to as a student flash, I owed beer.
The student didn't seem to mind,
but it took me a moment to get his feet out on the step...oops:$

Sue

Don't wear a tank top while jumpmastering S/L students out of a C-182.
When you lean out to spot, the student gets an eye full.
Refered to as a student flash, I owed beer.
The student didn't seem to mind,
but it took me a moment to get his feet out on the step...oops:$

No, Don't stop! Think of the students!

I was flashed by one of my IAD jumpmasters when I was a student. That was the first time I left the plane with a smile.:)
She was a bit red in the face though...

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

No, Don't stop! Think of the students!

I was flashed by one of my IAD jumpmasters when I was a student. That was the first time I left the plane with a smile.:)
She was a bit red in the face though...

Kris

Ya,
But debriefing the guy was painful. He just wouldn't stop smiling.B|
Told me it was the best thing he had ever done. Had a ball, etc....
Didn't seem to remember much of the jump tho....:o

Sue

On our Telesis student rigs the main risers covers wear out and becoem useless. I never really noticed it until I did a jump without a helmet and the damn things beat the tips of my ears raw.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."