lukepinion

I GOT MY A!!!!

I went to the dropzone yesterday (sunday) and it was a beautiful 55 degrees with low winds....what a perfect day for jumping! I did i three way right off the bat to practice fall rate as well as docking....the three way never actually even came together. I was able to dock on but the third person never made it. Also...i couldn't make it back to the dz so i landed in a field close by. (the landing was great too!) Then i went back up and did two hop n pops, one at 5000 then another at 3500 and boy was that a rush!!! The ground was a hell of a lot closer than at 12,500!! After the hop n pops there was still time for another load so i decided to do my check dive....and i passed!!!:)
Luke

You know something i really should fill that little yellow card out. I have 137 jumps and still haven't filled out my card. Maybe I should just wait for 200 jumps and take all the license tests at once.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

I know what thats like.. I took my b and c licence last year, but I am waiting to take the d before I send it in (so I only have to pay once)....hence me only having my a licence right now:):):)

congrats on your a!!!!
-yoshi

Thats great, you got passed it! When I get my A license Im going to give up skydiving and start on hang gliding, try to get a hang-2. Ill probably do just enough skydiving to keep the license current. My big thing is surfing so Id say thats already too many hobbies. I should be working on that and nothing else but I guess Im just to thick headed to devote to one cause. Hoping to get sponsored one day by Rip Curl, thats my life ambition.

Congratulations on the license dude!

ripped.JPG

When I get my A license Im going to give up skydiving and start on hang gliding. Ill probably do just enough skydiving to keep the license current.

Is it just me, or is this something that a (real) skydiver would never say.

I know when I first started jumping (in between my tandem and AFF) I said that I'd probably only jump once or twice a month to stay current. Little did I know what a positive effect skydiving would have on me. And now I only feel current if I'm jumping numerous times (on average 8-12 times) every weekend. Of course that's just me. I know we're all different. :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Look at it this way, an A isn't much. You had to do 20 freefalls and get some stuff done inbetween. Go get your D, then decide if you only want to do it to keep current and go hanglide instead. Then you'd have a better understand of what this sport is about.

Quite a few people argue that you still don't have a clue until 1000 jumps (I wouldn't know, I only have a bit under 400).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I hope to get another chance to jump with you Aggie. If you can believe this, I'm getting better every weekend and since we last jumped together at Eloy (which was an awesome experience as a whole) I've almost double my jump numbers. Eloy taught me how to free fly with others and now I'm just slowly refining my skills. ;)

Of course my current free flying issues aren't anything that a few thousand jumps can't resolve.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

That would most definately be great! My FF skills have stalled since Eloy, but my RW skills are starting to really come along (had to get some RW done so I would be ready for some ratings).

We'll meet again, the skydiving world is a very small place.B|

Luke, when I reread my post from last night I realized that it wasn't clear who I was talking to. I was talking to GroundRush1, who was implying that getting an A would basically be the end of his skydiving career.

As for you, sir, congrats! Getting your A is getting a license to learn and have a hell of a lot of fun. B|

BEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!
Oh, yes (snigger snigger) - you're too young to drink over there (legally). BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Get yourself over here to Mary Poppins, fish 'n chips, cup 'o tea land and start necking the Brownie Bombers lad!!!

Congrats, I'm determined to get mine by the end of May.

Brownie Bomber recipe:
Take 1 pint glass and fill with:
Blackcurrant cordial (normal amount for a pint)
1 shot of Malibu
1 shot of Taboo
1/2 pint of lager (Fosters will do - watch the Friends eisode)
1/2 pint of dry cider

If done properly it should look a violent shade of purple, your vomit will be the same colour about 3 hours later. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

This username sucks, so I'm BBKid now instead. Replies, insults, sexual favours and death threats to be sent there from now on.

Thats the problem, surfing is my #1 and dont want skydiving taking the place of that. If I get good enough at surfing, and I will, I can get sponsored. Ill limit myself to just one jump per weekend to keep from getting too serious about it. Im not trying to be a skydiver, just want to go skydiving every once in a while. It helps build more guts when youre out catching waves.

Thats the problem, surfing is my #1 and dont want skydiving taking the place of that. If I get good enough at surfing, and I will, I can get sponsored. Ill limit myself to just one jump per weekend to keep from getting too serious about it. Im not trying to be a skydiver, just want to go skydiving every once in a while. It helps build more guts when youre out catching waves.

I'm not intentionally hijacking this thread, but....
I've been surfing longer than most people have been alive here. I've also been involved on the competitive side and had partial sponsorship from board makers and a surfshop. I treasure the dozen or so trophys that I won, but it does not come close to competing in skydiving, whether it's RW, CRW or FF. This truly is a team sport. I've lived at the beach for many years and love it, and if I could afford to, I still would. I'm not sure where you surf, or where you skydive, but give it time. Besides, doing 4 way with your chick is much better than paddling out in 10 foot storm surf and getting pounded. Tubes are cool, but so are 13 point 4 ways in time. Whatever. Very few surfers make it to the big leagues, but if that's your passion, go for it. Good luck.

It helps build more guts when youre out catching waves.

Go read my thread in General Skydiving. If you get a harder rush and build more character on a board on the waves, then I will be very very surprised!