GARYC24

CURRENCY QUESTION

Just looking to see what kinda response I'd get in regards to currency..
Would it be better to do 10 or more jumps 1 whole weekend a month, or stretch them out to 5 everyother weekend?
lately, i do 3-5(mostly in past month) every two weeks.
A round trip to dz for me a 244 mi.
I like going every two weeks to see friends, just be at drop zone,getting away from it all, etc.
But lately I have been considering to just spend one
whole weekend a month and jump all day long Sat. and Sun..
It could be more economical, less wear and tear on my truck,etc. Also, doing more jumps in a single weekend would be an improvement in skills(I think).
Anyways...whatcha opinion(s)?
Gary Calhoun

My vote would be to stretch out your jumps every other weekend. The reason being that, you're getting more days of jumping throughout the month and possibly being exposed to more weather conditons as opposed to just jumping one weekend every month. Also, depending upon your physical conditioning, you may get more out of your jumps if you're not tired and you run the risk of getting tired when you jump many times in one day.

Of course what do I know? I've only been in the sport 8 1/2 months. :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

When you take into account the drive, I guess that makes it a bit tougher. I'd prefer to go every two weeks rather than just once a month if I could for currency and to get my fix on a more even basis, even though you might not be able to blow off the rest of the world every other week enough to get in more than 5 jumps at a trip. Especially if you decide to go once a month, try to be flexible on the weekend in case the one on which you had planned to go is going to have lousy weather.

Having said all that, my round trip is 167 miles, with no trailer at the DZ . . . yet. I am lucky enough to go every weekend.
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

First of all...move closer to the DZ. Just kidding, but that's what I did. My round trip was about 200 miles, so I moved 2 miles away from the airport.

But to answer your question.

If you like the skydiving atmosphere, go twice a month. For me, it sucks being away from the drop zone for that long.

If you want to become a better skydiver, go once a month and do twice as many jumps. You will improve your skills more quickly.

But really, just cut everything else away and move to the dropzone and skydive every day. You know it's what you want to do.
David

"Socrates wasn't killed because he had the answer.......he was killed because he asked the question."