jaff

time for raps/sl

not saying i can do it, but how realistic would it be to try to complete a RAPS/SL progression course and getting a cat. 8 license in a month or less....i know it depends on the person, but i'd like your opinions for the average person..

also would it be worth starting the course and getting in maybe three or four jumps, and then having to wait another month before jumping again..would the other jumps have to be repeated??

cheers
Effort is the Virtue of the Untalented.

It is possible. If you live in Nottingham, go see the good people at Langar, and remember they have a boogie(skydive festival) coming up so will be very busy midweek and evenings too.......
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

If you're prepared to spend the time at the DZ then im sure you could get it done, providing of course you dont mess up too much and you pester them to get on the loads.
I got my cat8 4 or 5 weeks after my first and did it in 21 jumps :)I think I could have done it quicker if I wasnt as shy and pestered them more to get me on the loads. I was very quiet back then

I don't know how your dz works, so I'm going to make many assumptions, but yes, it can be done. I do know of someone that got off of student status from static line training in 3 weeks. His tip was to call a few days beforehand to make sure that there is a jumpmaster there and willing to do multiple jumps with you that day.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I really don't wan't to be a drag, but prepare for some disapppointment. A few years ago, I spent virtually every weekend of the summer at Sibson, trying to qualify by RAPS - got the revision dates in my logbook (which luckily I kept) to prove it. I did 6 jumps in the whole time I was there and never got off DRCPs. A whole summer, that I could have spent hang gliding. My juggling, OTOH, came on leaps and bounds. Someone asked me (I cherish the memory) 'do you do children's parties?'. You have to do 3 perfect DRCPs in succession, and then you have to do your 1st freefall within 24 hours. The very, very best of luck. Someone obviously does it, or there wouldn't be such a thing as RAPS, but I'm blessed if I know who.

I did AFF in Spain, last year and this year. Came home after 10 days in March with 59 jumps, IC1, FS1, and an FAI 'B' licence. Insert smiley of choice.

Regards
John Midgley

first let me say that I have no idea what RAPS or a cat.8 license are. As far as the PRCPs into freefall go, we have the same requirements here in the states for static line progression (3 consecutive good PRCPs, and 1st freefall the same day as the last PRCP), and that was not a sticker for me or any of my friends (except my fiance *snicker*).

it seems like, if you have the itme and the money, and the weather cooperates, anything is possible in this sport.

Good luck!