racer42

"the Skyball"

You'll need to find a basketball and fill it with plutonium, completely. Add a ribbon 3 inches long and 1 inch wide for stability. I hear that the dark colored ribbons provide significantly more stability.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Ok...Ok wait....wait.....OK I got the basketball, there's bound to be some ribbon in the back room. Now....if I could just remember what I did with the plutonium????
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Lead should work if you can't find plutonium. If you don't have any lead laying around you can probably fill the basketball with very small rocks.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Ideally, you'll find somebody that has a LOT of experience in flying with a skyball and they'll teach you how to fly with it well before they ever show you how to make one.

Imagine how bad it would be if you didn't recover the skyball and you had to deploy -- letting the skyball fall to earth. Imagine how completely tragic it would be if somebody on the ground was standing nearby when it hit. My understanding is that impact is roughly analogous to a grenade going off with lead shot flying everywhere. For this reason, some drop zones don't allow them and even at the drop zones that do allow them you better be damn sure you know what you're doing.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

What Quade says is true but I believe that most DZs don't allow them and those that do only allow them for certain people. The New Vladi ball seems to be an answer to this but it is not perfect. I think that a ton of proof for flight skills are needed before you should think about it. It is a small bomb coming down, esentially.
Chris

Crap...I just remebered I used the plutonium in the base coat when I painted the kids room. Well sounds like I'm a ways off from playin with balls in the sky anyway. Thanks
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock