DocSherry

Stolen Gear

Hello everyone,

My Deguello rig (amongst other gear) was stolen last night in Lake Jackson, Texas at the Chili's restruant. If anyone sees it or sees someone trying to sell a small navy jumpsuit or my custom helmet (for those who know me) it please let me know. Not many people are going to be able to use gear that was made for me anyway.

Thanks,
Doc Sherry

I can not believe that. Sherry, I am SO sorry.

Keep an eye on E-bay- there's no way the asshole who did this will be able to sell your stuff anywhere around here.

Grr- I just hope karma or a great big pitbull bites this jerk in the ass, really really hard. >:(

Take care- see you this weekend, I hope.

Rebecca

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Docsherry, this indeed sucks.
Here is a pic of your rig as I remember it, until you can post a more up to date snap.
I hope it all pans out for you, I would not like to be the perp when you get your hands on them.
Sending you some Scottish vibes from across the pond.
Hugz.
Dave

PS more Deguello snaps here
www.deguello.com

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

docsherrysrig.jpeg

:( Wow what a terible loss. How did they get into the vehicle? Was in out in the open where some one could see it. You might try looking in pawn shops around. The dum ass might try and pawn it. That really SUX.:(

You dont't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when.......You can only decide how you're going to live........NOW.
-BASE 1605 Night BASE 227

You might try looking in pawn shops around

And ebay, and surprisingly enough - garbage dumpsters. That's where I found most of my stuff after it was stolen out of my car in my carport (luckily I didn't own a rig at the time).

You might consider throwing some "lost" signs up around the area of the restaurant, offer a reward and see what happens.

Sherry,

It is Kelley F from Spaceland. Just wanted to give a bit more sympathy. You are absolutely right...there are not a lot of people to fit it and there is NO where someone could jump that without being caught...

Hope it works out...
It is mercy, compassion and forgiveness I lack, not rationality.
-Black Mamba

USPA Has it already. I will attach the serial numbers to this response and then go directly to the section here on stolen gear. Then to the link you provided.

Thanks a ton for everyone's support. Things like this have a huge suck factor with a pain in the A** factor as a chaser.

Happiness,
Doc Sherry

No problem! I went and looked, but didn't see anything resembling your gear, together or separated.

Hmm- let's sum up. What could the worthless piece of trash thief do with it?

1.) Pawn Shop - seems to be covered, assuming your info is correct and the shops are honest. You'd recover it that way, right?

2.) Sell to a dropzone - yeah, right. Again, possible recovery. I read here somewhere that a guy was dumb enough to steal two rigs from a car, and try to sell them at the DZ the jumpers had just left... not likely, but it could happen...

3.) E-bay - like I said, not there yet. Let's hope the perp is that stupid...

4.) Jump it - not unless that's one tiny criminal who doesn't jump at any dropzones that would recognize a Deguello rig...

5.) Vandalize it - worst option, but why go through the trouble of stealing it? 'Course people continually amaze me with acts of senselessness. Let's hope it's not this case.

Can anyone else think of anything else?

RC

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Actually the cops said that often if folks don't know what to do with it they will throw it away. Anybody up for some dumpster diving????
:S
Happiness,
Doc Sherry

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of- they'd take it apart, not have a clue, and chuck it.

Could you maybe notify local trash services to be on the lookout?

Dumpster diving? Hell, any excuse for a party! Feed me beer and I'll jump right on in... so would most skydivers, I'm thinkin'...

Good luck, sweetie. Let me know if there is any way I can help.

edit: reply to Cory: HAHAHAHAHAHaHaHaha!! :D