superstu

What did you learn this weekend?

I can get out the plane at 6grand - land, pack and be waiting for it when it lands. And check this - then jump again and get a good canopy!
Spent the weekend playin with my canopy. Trying to take my surf from about 25ft too high to just right, skimming the grass. Didnt quite get it - but learnt alot whilst trying.

Adi :S

I learned that doing 5 CReW jumps from 12k in one day is pretty tiring, especially if you don´t fly right (had to keep up with a team who´s WL is ~1.9), and that it pays off to open up *somebody elses* bag of tricks instead of trying to hang in your frontrisers for 9k.

Oh yeah and I learned that I actually might be able to learn to fly HD.... Way cool!

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I learned that the best way to cure a headache is to make a jump.....adrenaline can be a wonderful drug!

I also learned that boys are not always as brave as they would have us girls believe. I was the first one to do a CReW jump for the weekend and THEN the boys followed - some hesitantly.

And I learned that it is best to leave any rivalry type comments on the ground if you want to exit the aircraft breathing properly.

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

I learned that doing 5 CReW jumps from 12k in one day is pretty tiring, especially if you don´t fly right (had to keep up with a team who´s WL is ~1.9)

Ahh :o
Are they just really big or are they jumpin real small canopies. (i didnt think a CReW canopy came much smaller than 150?)

Edit - ive just looked on the PD site + they make a 126.

I learned that doing 5 CReW jumps from 12k in one day is pretty tiring, especially if you don´t fly right (had to keep up with a team who´s WL is ~1.9)

Ahh :o
Are they just really big or are they jumpin real small canopies. (i didnt think a CReW canopy came much smaller than 150?)

Edit - ive just looked on the PD site + they make a 126.

There are also Lightnings 113. Although these guys are jumping Comp Tri's 120 and 99, and some of them wear lead.

I'm jumping a 126 right now, with a bit of lead if needed, but if I wanted a WL of 1.9 I'd have to jump a 99 and wear 13 kg of lead.... Yeah, right.... :S Alternative: eat a lot of burgers?????!!!! Heh heh

ciel bleu,
Saskia

There are also Lightnings 113. Although these guys are jumping Comp Tri's 120 and 99, and some of them wear lead.

To help out withWL...Sometimes I put an extra set of large links on my rear risers and if I still need more...some weight...Kinda sucks, considering the lightnings aren't the greatest landing canopies.

To help out withWL...Sometimes I put an extra set of large links on my rear risers and if I still need more...some weight...Kinda sucks, considering the lightnings aren't the greatest landing canopies.

Did both those things! Actually, the weight I think helped me land better (gives me a bit more speed = better flare. I land straight in with no front riser input - yet). The links didn't make much difference in landing (only have 3 jumps with those on so far, all in high winds).

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Did both those things! Actually, the weight I think helped me land better (gives me a bit more speed = better flare. I land straight in with no front riser input - yet). The links didn't make much difference in landing (only have 3 jumps with those on so far, all in high winds).

Yikes!!! you must be made of steel. I refuse to land my lightning w/o front riser input. (unless my arms are so tired that when I think I'm pulling down on them, they are still straight!!!>:(:S)

Anyway, I front riser *almost* to the ground with that thing, then flare and I can get a really nice tippy toe landing.

Yikes!!! you must be made of steel.

:$ No way.... But for some reason I don't esp. mind landing Lightnings, although I always seem to have 10 cm of air left after my flare, so after lots of jumps in a row I might feel my ankles a little bit, but definitely no biggie. I've only flown a Lightning 143 (ZP), WL 1,1 and the 126 WL 1,25 (without weights, 1,3 with weights). I wouldn't mind a bigger Lightning, or even a 113 (no way am I allowed THAT tho). Don't know why people have difficulty landing them?? If I can do it, well, how hard can it be :S:P
Only trouble I have is when I'm jumping my Safire after a couple of Lightning jumps: shutdown flare instead of a bit of a surf.... Too bad ;)

I probably should start using my fronts tho, but I've never done that before. I could use a bit of extra speed. I also usually fly a very very conservative student pattern. Although last weekend I got ' forced' into a landing pattern that was low, for my taste (the guy on the top of our 2-stack didn't let go, turned us around a couple of times real hard, then let go of me at < 1000 ft); ended up in the middle of the team, I either had to follow their pattern or fly straight and land downwind on the grass. Flew their pattern, but in brakes. Let the canopy fly for like 2 secs, flared, then landed in the peas. Stood it up, too, somewhat my surprise :ph34r: But was glad it was the peas...

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I learnt that going to the DZ when you have no money at all, doesn't make you feel any better about not being able to jump :)

But I managed to pack a few chutes, and do a low hop&pop and buy a Happy Meal© from the money I made...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?