jimmytavino

I did a bad bad thing

:|[:/]:(:S
Uh Oh!!!! I figured my jumpsuit needed washing and after the machine finished,,, only then did I realize that my Alti III was still in the pocket of the suit.....
damn......( at least now the altimeter is clean:P )
damn.... what should I do..?.. I pulled the screws and the case opened,,,and water drained out of it,,, but now what???? can i hope to air dry it... and keep my fingers crossed.???... any
altimeter experts out there???????? [:/] jmy

If you're looking for an expert than I would start here:

Alti-2 Incorporated
1400 Flightline Blvd, Suite E
Deland, Florida 32724

Phone: (386) 943 9333
Fax: (386) 943 9303

E-mail: [email protected]

(please note - the "Suite E" is an essential part of our address,
if you don't include it we will probably not receive your letter)

Give 'em a call, they don't bite.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Check with the manufacturer (and send it back), but when I flooded my UW camera, the deal was rinse it with distilled water to get the salt (soap) out and blow dry it with a hair dryer on low.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

It might work OK, but it would probably be smart to send it back in to the factory. I dropped mine on the concrete a while back and everything came loose. There's a place where the guts of the altimeter are epoxied in place and this broke. I epoxied it back together and it now works fine. I always use two altimeters so I checked it closely on the first few jumps. No problems so far, but I know this is "NOT" the recommended thing to do.....Steve1

i also dropped mine on concrete a few times, the needle has fallen off once or twice but it was at zero at the time so i just unscrewed it and put it back on, its a few hundred feet off ussually, but i honestly dont use it that much so im not too worried about it.:P:S

[:/]... yeah i did call on the phone and they will
take it in and go over it,,:|, not too costly either..
i'll send it next week:(
I have 2 other wrist mounted altis and an old altimaster for my cheststrap,, ( but I LIKED the blue one...;) )
anyway I Guess I'm Ok..B|.. just stupid.[:/]..

Put it in the dryer on low heat, tumble lightly, and don't forget to use a "Bounce" dry sheet so it is soft and smells good!!! :P

...........I think I'll stay away from anything called
"bounce'..:o :P;)....When it comes to me,,, or my jumping equipment,,,:|:ph34r::DB|;)....thanx anyway.:)

:|[:/]:(:S
Uh Oh!!!! I figured my jumpsuit needed washing and after the machine finished,,, only then did I realize that my Alti III was still in the pocket of the suit.....
damn......( at least now the altimeter is clean:P )
damn.... what should I do..?..

Take up scuba? After all, you now own a depth gauge.

Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

hey J T,
DOH!!! Hope all works out for ya...for relatively FREE!;)

quick anecdote-
It could be worse-
one of our hotties had her rig packed by a packer one night be fore closing. she left her gear at the DZ that night. when she came in she couldnt find her alti so she borrowed one.

upon onpening her main she found it...as it fell out of the cells to 0ft AGL:o

she didnt bother trying to find it!

hope the dryer works for ya
My photos

My Videos

Been there. Done that.

I was at Quincy about 4 years ago with my new Sabre 150. It was a tight fit in my container, but was packing okay. I was getting on some organized loads and having a lot of fun. After one load everyone dropped there gear for the video. I came back and packed.

When it was time for our next jump, I got my gear on, but couldn't find my wrist-mount Alti-5. I thought it might be back at my campsite and I had a chest-mount Alit-2 that was more accurate anyway. I figured there was no way I was going to fit my 150 and an altimeter in that small D-bag.

We had a great jump. As I deployed, I watched my opening, just in case. Sure enough I got to watch my Alti-5 plummet towards the far end of the runway. I landed and told the organizer. He said that, if I found it, they might replace it. When I told him is was an Alti-5 that I had had for 5 years, his only comment was, "It lasted 5 years?"
Packin' Jack
42nd Lost Prairie: The Ultimate Answer to Life, the Universe, and Skydiving
25 Jul - 3 Aug 2009
2007 photos: http://www.skydive.com/prairie/pages/prairie.htm

i just wouldn't use it dude. i have friends with these old altimasters that pull at 3.5 because they think it's 2.0 based upon their reading. is that worth it when a group is behind you?
jg

I've got an old altimaster that I paid around $50. for new, back in the early 70's. Still works perfect. I wouldn't use it though if I did have a problem with it.....Steve1

i just wouldn't use it dude. i have friends with these old altimasters that pull at 3.5 because they think it's 2.0 based upon their reading. is that worth it when a group is behind you?
jg

:).and then you DON'T continue to use it.. As far as a group behind me.......they better be waaaaay behind me,,,,and have better waited,,, a decent length of time between groups.....as we exited..... If I pull at 3.5, and have to worry about someone behind me,,,:o being INTO me...>:(
then better comunication is needed prior to exit.:)

:)Now ,,, as for the Alti III...:S... I pulled the screws to open the case,,,the water all leaked out of it. It dried. I put it back together. It dials up or down easily,, and I can zero it.... SO....:o..this weekend it is going in my jumpsuit pocket, and I'll
take it to altitude and see what happens...[:/]..It may just work fine..:P:)
...I'll let ya' all know....in the next chapter,,, of
" As the Needle Climbs"........:ph34r::D jmy