JumpCrazy

How many jumps do you have?

80 jumps in 6 months and will have 200 before the deadline...I'm doing 40 on my 40th birthday...

The secret to life is not arriving at the grave in a well preserved body but sliding in sideways completely worn out yelling "holy crap" what a ride!!!

1100, 5 years at the end of august...

though my first full summer was spend on the ground with a broken leg so that cut into the #s a bit [:/]

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

In eleven months I've made 283 jumps and I'm hoping/expecting (weather and lack of an injury permitting) to make at least 17 more in the next month to give myself 300 for my first year in the sport. No significant injuries to report (knock on wood) and one hell of an awesome first year. Currently I'm a little frustrated with my head down freeflying (more of a very fast fall rate compared to others issue), but at the same time I am very happy with my canopy progression skills. Of course as a licensed private pilot I enjoy landing airplanes so why wouldn't I enjoy landing my canopy. :$

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

oh the good ol' days...

sad that i have half the jumps that you do but we started at the same time! :P

i must catch up. somehow!

I know how that feels -

Skybirthday - July 17th, 1999. 450 jumps. Missed some time due to two busted knees and two bouts of unemployment (been sans job since March and REALLY need to find once - the car payments are just about to drain me) as well as rehab for lower back injury from a ski trip.

Guy I graduated with now has over 1000.

As soon as I have a job again - it'll be back to 10+ a weekend instead of 2 a weekend.

sad that i have half the jumps that you do but we started at the same time!

i must catch up. somehow!

For the right price i can put him out of commission for a while so you can catch up. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

To date I have made 261 jumps and my skybirthday is July 14th, 2002

Hey man, that's pretty cool. I've never heard of a "skybirthday" but mine is July 14th 1996. It was 6 days after I turned 16. I've now got 410 jumps. That's averaging 60 a year.

I should get a bonus though, because I've flown close to 900 loads since May of last year...

Blue Skies-

--------
Benefitting from the 'free capture of verticality.'

Don't feel bad, adamjenner.

Decided to try sport jumping late of Spring '84 (then 51 y.o.). Did the req.'d. SLs (5) and a FF. Went back for another FF (hop & pop really) to enjoy the Fall colors while under canopy ... And called it quits. Just didn't give me the rush it did when I was 30 years younger and in the military. And I wasn't into RW ... The only discipline back then.

Still a USPA member and support the US Team; my way of keeping up with the sport and contributing something to it even though I didn't stay active.

How did I manage another FF after four months and a single FF under my belt? JC, the DZs jumpmaster broke himself up a bit while checking out the new squares the DZ was switching over to and the guy who took over was a buddy from years back who knew my history.

Blue skys, amigo.

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives
the test first, the lesson after.