BMFin

How much people ?

It all depends on the weight and ballance. When it is put in service the FAA decides. Some DZ's (like mine) do not let people sit in the right seat others will. You can't go over what the paper work says but if the DZ choses to take less than that is their choice.
--------------------------------------------------------
Some one must go to the edge for others to be able to find it. But if you go be sure you can make it back.

I could also add, we always have 2 pilots (becouse of insurance I think...) If theres less then 24 people we have to leave those unoccupied places free close to the pilots. So if theres 18 people in the load we leave six places free closest to the pilots. We can use that extra space after the seatbelt light comes off.

The minimum amount of people for a load to 13.000ft is 16.

Does it also depend on the engines? There is a wide range of engine power on various Twin Otters.

Yes
Some one must go to the edge for others to be able to find it. But if you go be sure you can make it back.

How many people do you put in 182s?

Every DZ I've been to (3) puts in 5, but I've seen references to (american) DZs that only put in 4 jumpers...

We only put 4 and a pilot. I would never fly in one with 5. It would take all day to get to altitude

It absolutely depends on the number of seatbelts if you want to stay legal.

But I have jumped a DZ that has 30 seatbelts in an otter...they only take up 22 at a time...but have more than enough just to make sure EVERYONE has a belt on....

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....