airtwardo

Wuffo questions

...So I'm packing on the grass after a recent demo,
kind of a P.R. thing we do.

I'm surrounded by interested bystanders.
Answering questions, explaining what...where and how much....

An 'expert' I didn't know, kept jumping in to assist in the banter.

He explained he had a few tandems...and was looking forward to his Level 3...

Someone asked about harness comfort, Mr. 'Expert' exclaims...
"All I know is... if it's not real tight,
it hurts like hell when you go back up" :o

"Yeah..." I added, "Don't ever pull the ripcord in the house....
...you'll go right through the ROOF!" ;)

Any other comebacks to wuffo or 'expert' questions out there?? :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Why would anyone want to hit a perfectly good golfball?
Why would anyone want to cath a perfectly good bass?
etc,etc

I like it!

I usually answer something like;

"Never SEEN a perfectly good airplane"...then make a comment about the ever present 'duct-tape' :o

Wuffo: " Wassa Hop n’Pop? "

Ansa: "A “hop n pop” or as they are sometimes called, “Hoppenpop!!!” refers to a jump from the pop section of the aircraft. The pop section is the part that connects the left wheel to the main body of the aircraft. As the door is actually on the right hand side of the aircraft, the jumper must actually climb over the body of the plane in order to get to this location. This is quite a tricky manoeuvre and therefore, only experienced jumpers are
allowed to perform hoppenpop!!!s. The prime advantage of performing hoppenpop!!!s is that the airspeed is slower on the left hand side of the plane and therefore the parachute will open quicker after the jump. This is why hoppenpops are often performed from low altitudes (i.e. when the parachute needs to be opened right away).":)

Whuffo you jump out of perfectly good airplanes???
HOLY COW DUDE HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR JUMPSHIP!! I WANT OUR OF THAT DEATHTRAP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I used to say that, but then it reflects negativly upon our sport & my DZ
=========Shaun ==========

This has to be an all-time classic...

Summer of '92 - the "point break" summer. DZ phones are ringing like crazy, and one guy definitely saw the flick.

"So how long is the freefall?" he asks.

"About 60 seconds" I say.

"60 seconds...hell in Point Break they were in freefall for almost 3 minutes!!"

"Yeah, but in Point Break, they jumped from 7,000 feet."

He seemed satisfied with the answer.

Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

[QUOTE]is that the airspeed is slower on the left hand side of the plane [/QUOTE]

Thats due to the rotational velocity of the earth, correct? Yeeeeaaah... :D

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

A pretty nasty (but really common) one that was asked a lot at a big tandem operation I worked at was (to the TMs): "are you obliged to roll over and take the impact if nothing opens!" ...I'm not sure thats going to help things too much but whatever makes them feel better I suppose...

I may be gullible but at least I have a magic fish

A pretty nasty (but really common) one that was asked a lot at a big tandem operation I worked at was (to the TMs): "are you obliged to roll over and take the impact if nothing opens!" ...I'm not sure thats going to help things too much but whatever makes them feel better I suppose...

It has happened before.

There was a TM that did it during a canopy malfunction and managed to save his student at the cost of his own life.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has happened before.

There was a TM that did it during a canopy malfunction and managed to save his student at the cost of his own life.

Wow...after that as a student....I would feel obliged to continue in the sport in honor of the TM. Do you have the name of this guy?

***Wow...after that as a student....I would feel obliged to continue in the sport in honor of the TM. Do you have the name of this guy?

Yeah! Really!! :ph34r:

I mean heck, might as well enjoy the sport after that...

After all...
What are the odds of 'going in' TWICE! B|

Once you've got the whole ' landing without a parachute'
thing down...the rest is a cake walk! :P

Tell them the grippers are flotation devices in case of an emergency water landing. The booties on the suit are there to protect your shoe laces from coming off, then point out a jumper with sandals or slip on shoes who doesn't have booties (a freeflyer works well) and use that to continue the logic.

I jump a bright orange jump suit, I tell them the color makes it easier for the coroner to find the body and the grippers are to carry it off.

oh nooohhhhhh! thats really gross! :S:(

i work for a group of tm'S and if theres some dimwit whuffo complaining that our sport is so "unspectacular" and "nothing" happens i always ask them if they want to watch their jumping loved ones burn in...
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

[oh nooohhhhhh! thats really gross! :S:(

i work for a group of tm'S and if theres some dimwit whuffo complaining that our sport is so "unspectacular" and "nothing" happens i always ask them if they want to watch their jumping loved ones burn in...

You find that 'exciting'?

Eiley

nothing to see here

i do not think of this as 'exciting' - it's just a way to point out a really dumbass question. as i'm not really into making fun of whuffo's i try to answer their questions in a polity way so maybe they get an understanding of my/our sport so they eventually decide to take a closer look and do a tandem or start jumping themselves - got the point?
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

When asked if you can talk in freefall, I always answer yes, it's just that nobody can hear you.
Don't forget to tell them that we don't go through clouds because we'll drown.

Yeah, but now with cell phones we can call each other. Except I keep getting put on hold...maybe it's because I keep falling off the righht side before I get to the left/pop side ?

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I jump a bright orange jump suit, I tell them the color makes it easier for the coroner to find the body and the grippers are to carry it off.
Sparky

One of our favorite things to do in "thee olde dayes" was to have one of us go lie down flat & stable in the parking lot with thheir rig on. The rest of us would come on the double with a wheelbarrow and a shovel, saying things like, "godammit, that's the second time this week". Impressed the whuffs and worked even better on the FJC's.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

One of our favorite things to do in "thee olde dayes" was to have one of us go lie down flat & stable in the parking lot with thheir rig on. The rest of us would come on the double with a wheelbarrow and a shovel, saying things like, "godammit, that's the second time this week". Impressed the whuffs and worked even better on the FJC's.

WOW !! Bet that got folks' attention.

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."