stilettodude

FUNNY INCIDENTS IN FREEFALL.

Funniest incident in freefall for me was when I did a 2-way right after I got my A-license. I ask what we are gonna do on the jump, and he tells me we will figure it out as we go. So after exit, he gets behind/below me, and suddenly something wraps around my leg. "HORSESHOE!!!" my head is screaming at me, and just as my pulse hits 200, I look back and hes got a deathgrip on my legs and crawling up me :D... he got up to my knees before I could shake him off.

MB 3528, RB 1182

It was late in the summer last year, and I was doing a solo from 12.000 ft (I was still a student)
I had a jumpsuit on with nothing underneath (except underwear).

Although it was quite warm on the ground, is was pretty chilly at altitude.
I was practicing frontloops, and all of a sudden, I come out off a loop and WHAM...the wind blows into my collar and just zips my jumpsuit open untill my crotch. The suit was tight, so no flapping pieces of fabric, but DAMN it was cold..

Another 'fun' thing about that jump...I had banged my Altimeter (HARD) against the side of the plane while turning around to get in the door for doing a dive-exit. That offset my altimeter about 800 ft. I was supposed to pull at 4000 to do some playing under canopy, but that resulted in being open even higher.

After I was open, I looked for the DZ and is was MILES away...(and I was first out:)

I head back to the DZ in a straight line, and just barely make it (on a Drakkar 280)
I was the only one :)

After a while we picked up the rest of the guys and girls, and I got a lot of credit for seeing we where way off and pulling higher..hehehe
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

...(and I was first out:) ...

...and I got a lot of credit for seeing we where way off and pulling higher..hehehe

Hmm if you were first out, opening higher could be hazardous :S.

I suppose 800 ft isn´t that much of a deal, but personally I´d only open higher if I were last out, all the while kicking myself for not checking the damn spot :P

ciel bleu,
Saskia

...(and I was first out:) ...

...and I got a lot of credit for seeing we where way off and pulling higher..hehehe

Hmm if you were first out, opening higher could be hazardous :S.

I suppose 800 ft isn´t that much of a deal, but personally I´d only open higher if I were last out, all the while kicking myself for not checking the damn spot :P

I know it could have been dangerous, but my altimeter was 800ft off. It wasn't intentional.
The rest of the stick DID know I was going to open at 4000 ft to do some playing under canopy, but (un)fortunately it turned out higher.

(My altimeter was a bit broken though...the needle had come loose, and was later fixed by a local dz handy-man..I think I banged it during the exit, since it was okay at 1000 ft up to the point before exiting..I'm a nervous bitch and usualy cross-reference my alti with other peoples altimeters all the way up)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

clean sit exit from 14.0....pilot inverted plane and buzzed beside me by about 1000' horiz....beautiful freakin scene man....ground rush back drop....chillin' sit-fly....airplane whizzing by....i love to skydive!

jg
"dude, where's my main?"

I did a jump with nothing but shorts and shoes with a friend. He was wearing sandals. We decided to play follow the leader. I did e.g. a backflip, and then he had to do the same. Then he did something, and I had to do the same.
During the freefall he felt his sandal (which were a bit big) was slipping off his foot. He instantly grabbed his foot and sandal to keep it slipping off.
I didn't notice that he had troubble with his sandal, and he laughed his ass of watching me tumble holding my foot....:D

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

i was videoing a group i didnt know. during the ride to altitude, the usual happened....what u doin, how many, what u opening at...then the scattering around as decisions are made as to exit order........door opened, couple groups went, i climbed out..........away we go........and im up and over the top shooting, and i notice everyone looking up at me like wtf?????.............and realise that im videoing the wrong people..........

duhhhhhhhh..............

1) During my later student jumps, I got incredibly drunk during the saturday night. My theory is freefall being one of the best hangover cures. Anyway, out of the plane at 10,000 (cessna :| ), doing my maneuvres, open at 3,000 feet BANG!!! SKY/FEET/SKY/GROUND/FEET... hard and wild opening. Before I realise, my guts fly up through my mouth, and I watch my vomit fall a few hundred feet and land smack dead centre of my instructors canopy!!! He was not pleased, but I still passed my jump.

2) I am known around some Drop Zones for my very stinky farts (especially after big Saturday nights on the DZ). One time, I let one go very silently in the plane a couple thousand feet before planned Jump Run... I was at the back of the plane and watched the looks on everyones faces as it hit them in waves, until it got to the pilot at which point he says "F...in Hell, Right that's it... Everyone OUT NOW!!!".... I paid for the load in a gesture of goodwill as everone had to get out early (lucky there were no students on board).

3) I followed a Tandem out which was a 40th birthday present from his wife and kids... he very obviously was only doing it for their benefit. Well, at about 8000 feet, I'm about 50 feet away horizontally when this thick stream trails behind them for about a thousand feet (ewwww!), in the end he was green and not conscious for landing!!!

My first 4-way meet - I'm outside center and was asked to hold onto the plane using only my head for the first time (ie. head jam). Well.... I stepped out of the plane and couldn't find one of the two leg grips I was supposed to have. I looked down pretty far to find it - and of course, I fell out! :o The team forgave me and even enjoyed my horrified expression as I left the plane without them

-but the funniest part was the reaction I got when I nonchalantly told some wuffo friends that I "fell out of an airplane" that weekend. :D

I was once asked by 5 newbies if I could film their first 5-way nude jump. I volunteered to spot the plane for them as they were all not very good at it. I was smirking all they way up in my camera suit. Partly cloudy day, and I take the spot out LOOOONNGGG (right over a local golf course). I got down and landed first on the golf course, quickly followed by 5 guys screaming and yelling at me. I bought them a beer, didn't charge them for the video but:

Price for beer $8, price for a jump $12, watching their faces as they land PRICELESS!!!!!

Probably a miles walk back. But we got a ride on a golf cart.

The reason I got down on the course first was to film them landing of course and then, we had DZ policy to keep the group together if there was not a chance of getting back. Wonder why I choose such a public place?!:ph34r:

Actually no. We only got applause and cheers. Not that many people around, maybe 10 or 15 people that saw us land. The greenkeeper came up in his cart and offered us a ride back.

So what can be learned from this story? ALLWAYS check the spot when you are going nude! I wonder how I learned that leason ;) .

it's a little embarassing, but i'm sure it happened to a lot of us ;):$

i had a cold, but decided to jump anyway. and during the jump, the wind sucked out everything i had in my nose and throwed it on my goggles :ph34r:

I had this happen as a student....I informed my JM that I had run into bugs or something. He said, "hon, bugs don't fly that high!" :$

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Well after we land we realize that it just wasn't the dry eyes Charlie was worried about. He had a glass eye that didn't fit to well. Once the goggles came off, out came his eye! So if you are ever over Sanderson Field in Wa....

Copy that at Perris! I'd like to meet this Charlie. We have something very special in common!

Most expensive skydive I ever had....$1,100 for that one. B|

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Not much freefall involved, but for my 100th I was going to do a naked hop&pop. A certain pilot was supposed to take the spot WAAAAAAY out so that when I looked out, I would see that I had to go all the way up (I was doing a h&p to avoid excess "flappage"). Well, at about 5 grand the pilot tells me to have a look, and since his spots are usually right on, I don't give it a second thought. Lucky for me the winds were at about 40-45, since I was about two miles away. Made it back (with a 10 second delay, too) with 2000' to spare.

Not necessarily funny, but it was supposed to be....

Note:The winds between 6000' and 3000' were that high. On the ground they were much lower.

Well, not exactly in freefall ...

Watching 4 gorgeous galz exiting a tailgator for raft dive and jumping out next with my full-face helmet wide open ... B|

Oh done that many times, jump out, full-face wide open. Just glad I replaced the crappy plastic bolts the day I got it.

Best one was when I exited with the visor fully up in when doing a washing machine exit. Funny sensation to feel "wind... no wind ... wind... no wind... wind... no wind..." getting faster and faster. I couldnt exactly let go to shut it as I was hanging on to my mate and it was his 69th (thus the 69 style exit position) so just ignored it and held on till the forces got too much. Snapped it shut as we broke appart without a second thaught and continued with the dive.

Seen some stupid footage of two friends fighting over a 4ft foam tube in freefall. The describe it as playing "chicken" as they get tossed arround the sky on either end of the tube b4 someone gets fed up of being smacked into by their buddy and gives up to track off.

As far as having a tandem passenger be sick on you, Im told its not that uncommon. Remember a tandem master friend of mine landing totally covered in it - except where his passenger was strapped to his front - you could litterally see the outline.