FrenchyDiver

Finally...I'm back into business

So Like I mentionned in other threads. I'm back in the sky :)Went to jump again yesterday after 10 years of no dive. Let me tell you, it's like riding a bike, your body never forgets, nor does your mind. A little "rusty" maybe, but no big deal. A few more jumps and I'll be ready to play full time again B|

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,

Felt that way for me, too. Been there, done that -- here, take my T-shirt B|

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I don't mind sharing.
So here's the short version
Started jumping back in 1989. Til 1993 in France, where I come from. Made 150 jumps, got my a & B licences.
Nov, 1993 I am transferred to the States by my employers. That year, I met the woman who became my wife, and that's when the trouble started. She was absolutely against the idea of letting me skydive. For the usual reasons, risk involved and so forth. Then we had our daughter a little over a year later (Sept 95). She was even more against the whole thing. Til last week. I have to say that I did never gave up on jumping again, so all these years, almost every other day, I kept talking about it. B|
So here I am, back where I belong. She's still not a happy camper about it but decided to let me do it anyhow. The only thing is that I have to do now a bunch of jumps with instructors to revalidate my licences. Which is not a problem. I just keep thinking how many jumps I could do with the money I am spending on the instructor's jumps >:(

HISPA #2,

She's too scared to go to a DZ. But as far as she let me dive that's fine. I understand how she feels. But...hehehe...today I went out to chat with a neighbor buddy, came back a little later, she didn't hear me and was watching a tape from a skydive I made with a few friends.B| I said nothing and let her watch without being noticed. Came back a little after, when I heard her turn off the TV and said nothing. I can tell by the look on her face that she really was happy for me. So I let it go without talking too much about it now. She let me jump again and that what matters. She knows that I will be jumping actively from now on and she agreed. I will let her digest it at her own pace. I told her that she can come to the DZ whenever she wants. She might or might not. But it has to be her decision.
Oh...Of course, one of the reasons she refused before was because my Mom told her about that jump I had to cutaway the main.:P

HISPA #2,

FrenchyDiver, I had a lay off of about 3years after jumping for about 10years. Now I'm back this year, the excitement and enthusiasm for jumping is even more than before B|

I've bought new kit and spend all my time thinking, daydreaming, watching and reading about jumping again. I just love it.....

Glad you're Mrs has finally let you back..