FNG79

Cheapest AFF in the world?

I'm a poor lad who wants to get his AFF and I need to find the cheapest (but not the most dangerous) DZ in the world. Anyone have any suggestions on DZ's that don't cost a fortune? Or DZ's that will let you clean the toilets, kiss the bosses arse etc etc to get a course for cheap??

Any advice would be much appreciated!:)

JSC offers a 10 jump FAI recognised AFF program for R7180 ZAR (Currently about US$950)

Exit altitude is 11 000 AGL out of a Pilatus Porter PC-6. We use PISA Naro Harnesses, Tempo 250 reserves and 290 Skymaster mains and all AFF gear is Cypres equipped. We're 5000ft AMSL.

AFF I's are PASA rated, but I also did the USPA AFF course at Perris, SoCal. I have over 1200 AFF dives and 3900 + total. Video is R300 per dive extra. (Aprox $40) A jump ticket costs +_ $19, or $27 including rig hire and packing.

We do require payment for the course as we employed staff to tile the toilets and build a thatch bush bar prior to hosting the National championships at the end of this month. I'd charge you extra for kissing my arse, but no more if you pay in "real" money like dollars or Euro's.

Course content is 270kb. Mail me and I'll send it to you.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

its possible to be very frugal in your expenditure in skydiving. But its hard to be CHEAP (at least in my mind).

My exspenses so far:

AFF - about 1,200$ (thats if you fail no levels)
rig - 600
jumpsuit - 100
helmet - 50
altimeter - 100

So expect to spend about 2 grand to get your first rig and your training. That is if you look REALLY hard for the good deals. Theyre out there, you just gotta find them. Oh then you have to factor in airfare to events you'll want to go to later, cool accessories, etc. Good luck, friend! :ph34r:

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

France is relatively cheap. Depends where you are...(forgot to look in your profile and i've started now so I'll finish). But if you are in UK it is easy to get to, sells cheap fags and booze, full of loose woman and has a vague wiff of garlic. Depends what floats your boat.
Al.

What country do you live in FNG?? If your looking for the cheapest DZ in the world you'll need to take into account your travel expenses.

My advise is not to cut corners. Everyone wants to pay less, but skydiving is not a cheap sport. Plus, once your addicted (which you will be!) all of your money will go on Skydiving anyway.

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"
------------------------------------------------------

Price for theory and level 1-7 at my club:
$260 for the theory and a first SL jump
$63 per level for level 1-3
$41 per level 4-7.

Around $610 or so if I am not mistaken.

Then you need a level 8 hop 'n pop. Then naturally level 9-10 which are stability/track tests.
A 4000 meter ticket in the C-182 is around $20. You Yanks really should learn not to whine about ticket prices; the $20 is about the cheapest you can get in Denmark :)
After that ya need to collect 40 jumps, get a packing certificate and do a theory test on regulations and stuff. It ain't quick, but at least the AFF bit is pretty cheap, but it is worth mentioning that there's some planning involved (read: lots of work) to get hold of instructors at the right time. I ended up using instructors from another club at a slightly higher price due to lots of competitions etc. (meaning my instructors weren't available since they were on teams).

$610, assuming you don't need to retake any level. You basically pay for your own jumpticket plus that of the instructor(s).

Problem is lining up instructors as they aren't paid for it. Took me a while to get it done

Oh, and how about this quote, from my scuba diving instructor a looong time ago:

"Scuba diving isn't expensive. It just costs a lot of money".

Applies to skydiving too; after all, we DO get *value* for our money B|

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst