Jessica

"Personal gadgets" could pose terror threat

Wonder if this will make things even worse:

By LESLIE MILLER
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON — The government is expected to instruct airport security screeners and state, local and federal law enforcement officers on Tuesday to give greater scrutiny to electronic devices that might be used in a terrorist attack, a federal source said Monday.

Authorities will be asked to pay special attention to cameras, flash devices and laptop computers, said an official of the Department of Homeland Security who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The advisory does not reflect new intelligence, the official said, adding: “There is no specific intelligence to indicate these items are to be used in any terrorism attack.”

The information was already included in an advisory to airlines and law enforcement agencies outside of the United States, the official said.

In that advisory, they were told to give extra attention to personal items belonging to foreign travelers passing through American airports to a non-U.S. destination without a visa.

Under a program that was suspended over the weekend, foreign travelers could have a layover at a U.S. airport without a visa before flying to another destination outside the country.

Transportation Security Administration screeners already tell all passengers to remove laptop computers from their cases before passing through airport security checkpoints, agency spokesman Brian Turmail said.

Spokesmen for the Air Transport Association, which represents most major U.S. airlines, and the International Air Transport Association, could not be reached for comment late Monday.
Skydiving is for cool people only

It will end when we are all walking through airport security butt nekkid. We will then be given a shot, fall asleep and move stacked in the plane like cargo. Flight attendents will be replaced with anestethiologists (sp?) to make sure the passengers stay asleep. Just think of how many people they can fit in a plane when we are all crammed in like luggage. :P:P

I think all future planes should not have a door between the cockpit and the cabin. Make the pilots enter the cockpit from outside the plane. Either that or give all passangers guns and make the plane bullet proof :P

It will end when we are all walking through airport security butt nekkid.

Thats pretty funny. I said almost this exact thing in my original post, and said something else I thought I'd get flamed for, but I edited it out. Just thought you'd want that tid bit of worthless info.:ph34r:

Lets hope no one uses a cypres to disguise a 'device' :(
Have you ever peered over and looked at the x-ray scanner they look fooked up enough, and correct me if i am wrong but are actually an explosive device!:o
SSK Industries, Inc. advise not to point out the AAD!B|

[mcrocker] "Personal gadgets"
I think you mean anaesthetist OR anesthetist... but no-one likes a smart arse!!!!!;)

[CrazyIvan] "Personal gadgets" are you sure you mean a "COKE" straw!!!!:S

On Mynext trip I plan to show up naked, except for my speedo, wouldn't want to get arrested for indescent exposure.
UPS all my shit to my final destination and deduct the freight cost from the airline fair by submitting a claim on my credit card company, wish me luck!!!

LIFE IS LIKE A CIGARETTE, YOU CAN SIT THERE AND WATCH IT BURN AWAY OR YOU CAN SMOKE THAT BITCH TO THE FILTER

My first trip on a plane with my skydiving rig will be this fall if I go down to Byron for the boogie... I guess other than the rig I should leave all other "personal" gadgets at home . I would hate for the flight crew to feel threatened by any toys:$

Amazon

Jesus Christ!! When is it going to end? Just about anything you carry could be used as a weapon. I wonder how far they plan on going with these "security measures"? I think they are starting to go overboard.

I dont know if its too far. Remember the guy they caught with the bomb in his shoe?

The shit may be inconvienient as hell but this is the world we live in. Be realistic and continue to live.
It sucks but thats life.

Have you ever peered over and looked at the x-ray scanner they look fooked up enough, and correct me if i am wrong but are actually an explosive device!

The new cypres manual has a new version of the "Cypres Card". This version shows what a complete rig looks like under the same equipment the TSA uses... It's really quite cool.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

The new cypres manual has a new version of the "Cypres Card". This version shows what a complete rig looks like under the same equipment the TSA uses... It's really quite cool.

like this????

I've heard of those cards! Where can I get one? (bought my gear used with cypress)

I am trying to buy a rig, and the obvious choice of an AAD is the cypres2. So I wrote to them asking for info. They sent a booklet and the card. I had to reduce the quality of the scan for the post, but can email a higher qulaity scan if you want???
;)cheers
g
(PRV)

I just got home from work and I picked up my messages from my answering machine. I got a call from the Deputy TSA Director at Palm Springs. (Airport where I had a minor problem travelling with my gear last Jan) Seems like a draft copy of the TSA policy in regards to parachutes and Cypres that was worked on by Ed Scott of the USPA is getting to the field. It essentially says the same thing that Quade posted here recently. The TSA directors got a copy of it for comments. (They also know about the new Cypres card etc.) He is Faxing this draft copy to me tomorrow to see what I think. They have my letters with Ed Scott's phone and Fax Numbers along with those of Cliff Schmucker from SSK (Cypres). I just got off. I advised him to send Ed and Cliff a copy. Lee (TSA Deputy Director< PSP) is sending me the policy to see what I think about it. Should be good for us finally to have a NATIONAL POLICY regarding travelling with our gear and not just some hit an miss thing at each individual airport.

So looks like the USPA'S efforts are finally paying off for us.

Chris