darrenspooner

Hard Opening Hornet 150 gives 2 lumps in throat

Got a lovely slippery fast surfing sexy Hornet 150, but the openings are significantly compromising my ability to sire further children. Any tips please? Tried rolling the nose, sticking the slider out the front, stuffing the nose into the centre cell, leaving it sticking out the front (ouch, ya bugger), blah blah blah. I love the ride but cringe on openings. Its got to be better that that surely B|

just thought i would chim in, i have nothing to truely add to the conversation.....

i am flying a friend's hornet 170 till my canopy is relined, and it is spanking the snot out of me....i am already too fat for my height, and this canopy is not helping....

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

From what I understand, the slider was upsized at some point in the Hornet's production. I have a 170 and it opens softly consistently. Perhaps a slider upsize would have the same effect as a pocket slider? Perhaps Aerodyne (formerly PISA) could recommend a size to tame it?

I have two friends who just bought Hornet 170's and they have HUGE sliders on them. They say they open nice. I have heard from some folks with older Hornets that they are spankers. I don't know when they started puting the big sliders on them. From my understanding they are South African Sabre's, which might explain the opening characteristics. Pocket sliders work well.