richardd

Personal Injury Insurance UK

I live in the uk and am fairly new to skydiving. I should be getting my A licence very soon.

Something i have started to think about is PI and equipment insurance. I hope im not repeating old threads too much but can anyone give me an idea about the done thing, costs, pros and cons amd your opinions on value for money etc.

Regards
Rich

i recently asked the bpa the same question heres what i got. They said to ring around.

Airsports Insurance Bureau Ltd 01983 298 480
Columbus Direct 0171 375 0011
Extrasure Travel Insurance Ltd 0171 480 6871
Snowcard 01327 262 805
West Mercia Insurance Services 01993 700 200 (also known as Harrison-Beaumont Insurance Schemes)
Backpackers 01702 422 301
Nat West Travel Insurance 0800 331 133
MCIA Sports Plan 01480 218 273

Ive heard from a few people that Harrison Beaumont are good for skydiving injury insurance.

Sorry, dont have a number handy.

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"
------------------------------------------------------

endsleigh do good and very easy to use online travel cover. you can also get cover by the day in the Uk at about £5. Covers for medical expenses etc. best check it out fully though.

Ive heard from a few people that Harrison Beaumont are good for skydiving injury insurance.

Sorry, dont have a number handy.

Cant remember if it was them or Colombus, but one of them stopped offering travel insurance for skydiving...

I have heard from several people recently that Axa may be a good bet for travel, so I'd check them for personal too...
Remster

I got full skydiving cover and travel insurance for 1 year fur under £100 from Columbus. You can add gear as an option but mines covered under home policy. Ordinary luggage is covered as are virtually any activities. You are also covered in the UK for the ordinary weekend trip to the DZ. For PI, it covers the lot inc repatriation and maxses out in the millions (not got policy with me or id give figure).

(Having spend a weather hold day a few months ago examining the policy I think theres some curious clause in it which means your not covered to ride camels or elephants. But hey, whatever floats your boat)

If you want 'travel' insurance, I have found:
Columbus no longer offer the same package that they used to...check any policy very carefully before getting it...as some only let you do like one skydive....which just ain't enough!!!
I found that AXA (online only) policy is the cheapest for a year and Endsleigh is cheapest if you just want holiday insurance (you need extreme sport policy)
Let me know if you find anything else...I'm always on the look out for the best deal;)