Darius11

NEW jumper needs Help

What's a PLF?
I know you do it in a hard landing but have no idea what it is.
I know it might be a dumb ? but i rather know then not know.
Thank you.

I tried Google and got this
Penguin Liberation Front :D
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Parachute Landing Fall - it's a rolling maneuver you do while landing to help absorb the shock. Your instructors should tell you all about it...or ask them!

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."

"Parachute Landing Fall" ... that special way to land to minimize injury potential. Definitely ask your instructor. A demo is worth a thousand words. If you have jumped, then it is likekly you have been trained to do a PLF, even if you don't know it by that term.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

Parachute Landing Fall

It's the method of rolling on landing to distribute the force over a large protion of your body. You may know it as the Parachute Landing Roll, or maybe the Bannana Landing (your body is shaped like a bannana just before impact).

If you did not learn anything like this in your first jump course, you should ask for a partial refund, then take your money to another DZ.

So you've already jumped and they haven't taught you how to PLF??? I recommend changing schools. We're your previous jumps Tandems? If not, you should have had groundschool BEFORE the first jump and they should have taught you PLF there.

So you've already jumped and they haven't taught you how to PLF??? I recommend changing schools.

Easy there Casch. He said "maybe they'll teach me that when I start my solos". Yes, it seems his previous jumps have been tandem.

To answer the original question, they'll teach you the PLF when you do your groundschool. It's not worth fretting over for.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

There's a thread I started (:S Wendy throws shoulder out patting self on back) awhile ago about just this topic

It's not only an emergency procedure, it's the one you have the most opportunities to use.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)