liquidfire

How much cost to sd in europe

the netherlands, around 1300 euros. Thats 12 jumps (7 aff+ 5 jumps where you jump alone).
I heard some rumors that belgian dropzone are sometimes not as safe as others. Don;t know if its true. About french DZ well..if the french skydive the same way as they are driving cars...Hell..thats a scary thought :)...Besides they hardly speak any english over there.
I would go for the netherlands, Germany or Spain.
Spain would be a really nice place I think.

I've never been sky diving before, but i plan to do it when i backpack through europe next summer. What is a good country to do it in? How much will it cost altogether? (equipment rental included) Thanx

In sweden normal rates seem to be about 950euros for AFF (incl 10 jumps). Jump tickets are about 12euros per jump.

I heard some rumors that belgian dropzone are sometimes not as safe as others.

Ugh? I jump at a belgian dropzone -- can you be more specific about these rumors ? Wanna know whazzup that's all --

ps: lots of dutch people come for AFF to my dropzone ;)

cost: 1040€ for 8 jumps

saw those rumors somewhere on a forum (not this one) a long time ago.

http://www.parachute.nl/discus/messages/23/769.html

its not a very reliable source...i give you that :)

Where do you jump? And how much is single AFF jump with one or both instructors?

The Pink Skyvan offers All Inclusive Packages during May and August at the home DZ in the czech republick. Costs are around 2750 euros for 3 s/l, 7 aff and as many jumps as you can make in 2 weeks.
The AFF 28 special is around 2560 euros for 3 s/l, 7 aff and jumps until your 28th jump (license requirement in austria - the pink is an austrian plane).

We also offer All Inclusive packages in Tunisia (dates for 2004: jan 29-feb15) with plane tickets, hotelroom, 3 s/l, 7aff and jump as much as you can. the price for that is not available yet, but check the website at www.pinkskyvan.com or email [email protected]
courses can be held in german, english, french, spanish or czech.

all prices are from the 2003 list.

PINK Skies,
Uschi

well actually I just wanted to go skydiving once in europe. I'd prefer not to take any lessons and get a good rental.

Hey, if you're by any chance visiting Slovenia, the summer is a great time to make a jump at the most scenic dropzone in the country- DZ Bovec, located among the mountains near the borders with Italy and Austria.
The price for a tandem is slightly lower (around 150€) and there are numerous other outdoor activities such as hiking, climbing, whitewater rafting/kayaking, canyoning, biking and paragliding you can enjoy while staying there.

Blimey sounds we get another raw deal in Blightly (UK), I recently paid £1250 for AFF course (approx 1800 Euros) for 8 Jumps.

Also had to repeat level 3 (DAMMM IT!!) at an additional £140.

Had a look around various DZ prices, they all seem about the same..

did get a free Alti thrown in though..

I heard some rumors that belgian dropzone are sometimes not as safe as others. Don;t know if its true. About french DZ well..if the french skydive the same way as they are driving cars...Hell..thats a scary thought :)...Besides they hardly speak any english over there.

Wow, very constructive... so you 're just criticizing relying on what a friend's friend read on an anonymous post on a forum, and a good part of prejudices... Hell very open minded :) (That's OK Fab, I know it s just a joke, but don t give the poor liquidfire that french and belgian skydivers are just stupid and dangerous... I am french and I know I am stupid, but not dangerous :))

Last but not least: answering to the initial questions:
There are somthing like 25 Dropzones in France. There is very very nice scenery in the ones in the Alps (Chambery, Annemasse, Gap).
In France it costs something like 200 € a tandem jump
In Spain there are very few DZs: Ampuria Brava near Barcelona (one of the largest DZ in the world), with nice scenery, SkydiveLillo at 100 km south from Madrid, with very nice scenery, and Castellon near Valencia.
In spain it is a bit cheaper, around 150 €
Alambic

[replyWow, very constructive... so you 're just criticizing relying on what a friend's friend read on an anonymous post on a forum, and a good part of prejudices... Hell very open minded :) (That's OK Fab, I know it s just a joke, but don t give the poor liquidfire that french and belgian skydivers are just stupid and dangerous... I am french and I know I am stupid, but not dangerous :))
it is a bit cheaper, around 150 €

Just to be clear...I don't think french or belgians are stupid or dangerous

hehehe..let me see..I specifically said that it was just rumors and that the source wasn't very reliable right :)..The only prejucis (?) I have that if you're french..you can't drive...thats all :P. I like the prices for jumps by the way in belgium....There low..Now I'm jealous..

You;re right though..I shouldn't have said it..didn't realize belgians had internet also...;)

That 's OK, just I couldn't let it without correcting because France definitely is a great place to jump, with a lot of very good level people... :-) But just if you still have any doubt pop over and you will be welcomed...

Just drop the "they can't drive" prejudice, this is just in Paris :), but you can keep the "what the hell is he saying? is he tryingto speak... english????" one, this one is quite true...

I don't know of belgian prices, but the weather is quite bad... a lot of them come in France to jump in general...

And yes, there is Internet in Europe, don't you know there are non Gouvernmental programs to send us all your old 56k modems? :):):)
Alambic

The Uk is a rip off as far as AFF I think! I just got back from gap in France, where my course was £770 for the full 8 AFF jumps, then 31 euros each for consolidated jumps, so including everything (flights, accomodation, AAF and 12 extra jumps) I paid £1300! Its the way to go ;) However back in the UK now and its very expensive again, my drop zone in Lancashire is saying £18 per jump PLUS £10 for kit hire! I can pack but I need to sort my packing certificate...thats what you should do, cos paying a packer is a waste of £££! B|

Beth
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1

I can recommend the Skydivecenter Spa from personal experience.
www.skydivecenterspa.com for info.

Don't know what gear they rent, though, was always jumping my own.
Tandem was 180 Euros, i think. Solo Ticket is 22 Euros.

Have fun
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

The Uk is a rip off as far as AFF I think! I just got back from gap in France, where my course was £770 for the full 8 AFF jumps, then 31 euros each for consolidated jumps, so including everything (flights, accomodation, AAF and 12 extra jumps) I paid £1300! Its the way to go ;) However back in the UK now and its very expensive again, my drop zone in Lancashire is saying £18 per jump PLUS £10 for kit hire! I can pack but I need to sort my packing certificate...thats what you should do, cos paying a packer is a waste of £££! B|

Beth

Its the same eveywhere in britain, some places are cheaper if you join, eg £4 plus the number of feet in thousands eg 10k cost £14. I think a lot of it is aviation fuel overhere is expensivce(along with everything else) and ive heard form alot of DZO's and CCi's that they only break even on expenceid lifts thats why student/tandem lifts go up first as they pay for everything.

AS for jumps abroad remember only BPA instuctors can give BPA qualifications, and the BPA instuctos are the most regulated so you would assume are better.