Feeblemind

Landing a parachute is a team sport!

Feeblemind

Piss read above, I had 3 seconds what should I have done?? and that's with a ,4 on the lens so lets say more like 2 by the time my vision picked it up. I am all ears...

I am not saying I am right and you are wrong, this is how I interpreted the video. It takes 2 for a collision.
Just saying that it seems that none of you 2 are "white as snow". Could have been better both sides.
Oh, and it is Piis, not Piss :D

edited to add : P.S. thanks for posting the video, it shows very well what can happen with poorly planned approaches (by the other jumper) and how close it can get. As close as can be before contact I guess.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

>at what time is it appropriate to get annoyed with someone is unsafe?

There's never anything wrong with getting annoyed at someone for doing something unsafe. But if you don't want a recurrence, there are better and worse ways to talk to them about it.

>Also, watch the movement of the camera, there were only 5 people in the sky as the
>first group of tandems got out at 9.

OK. What's your point there? In my experience a load wth few people in the air (as long as there is more than 1) is often MORE risky since everyone thinks "I'm wide open." Congested airspace results in everyone being nervous and cautious, which results in more awareness.

>You can see the canopy pass below me (below 400' on what appears to be final as he
>is close to the ground) you can see the white canopy landing in the peas, that leaves
>me and the tandem above me, thus EVERYONE accounted for.

So how did you miss seeing him?

>If I ever decide to post here again I will make sure it is a minimum 500 word document
>with witness statements to make sure it is clear as crystal. Until recently this forum
>was a learning place

If you don't want advice, and you don't want to learn, don't post here. If you do want advice, all the advice may not be exactly what you want to hear. Feel free to ignore any advice that conflicts with what you wanted to hear.

billvon

>at what time is it appropriate to get annoyed with someone is unsafe?

There's never anything wrong with getting annoyed at someone for doing something unsafe. But if you don't want a recurrence, there are better and worse ways to talk to them about it.

>Also, watch the movement of the camera, there were only 5 people in the sky as the
>first group of tandems got out at 9.

OK. What's your point there? In my experience a load wth few people in the air (as long as there is more than 1) is often MORE risky since everyone thinks "I'm wide open." Congested airspace results in everyone being nervous and cautious, which results in more awareness.

>You can see the canopy pass below me (below 400' on what appears to be final as he
>is close to the ground) you can see the white canopy landing in the peas, that leaves
>me and the tandem above me, thus EVERYONE accounted for.

So how did you miss seeing him?

>If I ever decide to post here again I will make sure it is a minimum 500 word document
>with witness statements to make sure it is clear as crystal. Until recently this forum
>was a learning place

If you don't want advice, and you don't want to learn, don't post here. If you do want advice, all the advice may not be exactly what you want to hear. Feel free to ignore any advice that conflicts with what you wanted to hear.

The guy was on short final and made a last second right hand turn in front of him. You people have lost your damn minds.:S:S:S

Landing a parachute is a team sport!

It certainly is. Didn't see any team players in that video.
That landing area is a helicopter magnet.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.