Shadowplay

New to USPA Question

I filled out my forms and paid my cash at my DZ two and a half weeks ago after completing lvl 4 to join USPA. Since then I haven't received anything in the mail or gotten any type of email confirming my membership purchase. Do they send out a "welcome" package or something or an email saying congrats? I was just wondering becuase if I go back to the DZ this weekend to do my lvl 5, will they not let me jump because I don't have my membership card? Just curious....

Temporary (45-day) membership or annual membership? (I'm assuming you didn't get the $800 lifetime membership).

I paid for my 45-day temp at the DZ and, after they faxed it to USPA it served as my membership card.

About ten days after getting my 45-day membership, I got an envelope in the mail containing some USPA information and a complimentary copy of Parachutist magazine which I readily read every word in multiple times over the next couple of weeks.

When I bought my annual membership (I did it over the internet) I paid the extra $5 for fax confirmation (but I didn't pay the $15 for expedited).

I bought the annual membership on last Sunday...got the fax confirmation the following Friday and haven't received my membership card in the mail yet.

I have never yet received an email from USPA regarding membership status (I didn't expect any).

It took them about 3-4 weeks to get my card out to me, they also sent me a sticker and some heartz rental car thing I'm not sure I will ever use. That's all!

The last mosquito that bit me had to book into the Betty Ford Clinic. -Patsy

It does take awhile to get things mailed out from USPA.They usually just send out a welcome type letter with a membership card and some member info about insurance etc.Give it a while longer and if it still isn't in after a month or so then maybe drop them an email or call.As for the DZ not letting you jump your level 5,I wouldn't worry about it.Alot of DZs just have you sign up for USPA around level 4 to get you familiar with it and in preparation for your A paperwork.I'm pretty sure they'll let you jump.Heck,I was an AFF graduate and doing solo/SDU jumps before anyone told me to get a USPA membership.:)

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

I filled out my forms and paid my cash at my DZ two and a half weeks ago after completing lvl 4 to join USPA. Since then I haven't received anything in the mail or gotten any type of email confirming my membership purchase. Do they send out a "welcome" package or something or an email saying congrats? I was just wondering becuase if I go back to the DZ this weekend to do my lvl 5, will they not let me jump because I don't have my membership card? Just curious....

The DZ can contact USPA HQ for confirmation of your membership. It's SOP at many DZs when a jumper turns up without their card.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The DZ can contact USPA HQ for confirmation of your membership. It's SOP at many DZs when a jumper turns up without their card

You may also want to request an email confirmation
as well...

Print it out, keep it and a photo copy of your membership card in your logbook...

I also 'saved' the email letter in my mailbox
so that I may pull it up if needed
when away from home.

Came in handy when I stopped at a DZ in Alaska
a few years ago.

It was a Holiday and the dropzone couldn't contact
the USPA...

Made the difference between me getting in the air and not!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Most USPA member dz's 'encourage' you to join at the AFF Level 4. If your particular dz is threatening to not allow you to jump without proof of membership then perhaps you need to consider doing business (and shelling out your dollars) elsewhere! You indicated you have paid the dues and are just waiting for the membership card, etc. My question for the dz is: What's your problem??
Attitude is everything!

It was a Holiday and the dropzone couldn't contact
the USPA...

That doesn't matter now since DZs can look up ALL your USPA information (membership, ratings, awards, etc) via the Internet, 365/24/7.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."