trumpetfish

dream of freefall ?

Bit of a fluffy post but hey.

No doubt this has been a subject before, but I was just wondering if anyone else has similar experiences.

I had a dream last night that I was skydiving, I've had it before (more than once) but this was more intense than ever. It goes like this... dream starts in freefall, I'm always quite low and either passing people who have deployed or are deploying and thinking 'oh sh*t, that's not good'. I then reach for the throwaway and just manage to deploy in time. Other variations have all been about loosing altitude awareness and then in a panic fumbling for the main and 'finding' it just in time. The feeling of 'freezing' under pressure is very real though.

I guess the most obvious explanation is unconcious fear. Funny the way your mind processess stuff.

I wonder if the dreams will continue until I have to react to an emergency and cutaway ? freaks me a little ! Definately be going through some emergency drills before my next jump!

anyone else got a freefall story from never-never land ?

I've had dreams of freefall long before I started jumping.
There was almost no wind in those dreams and my body position was not great for stable freefall.
It was a somewhat whuffo perspective of freefall having no experience to relate to then. The dream would always end on canopy opening and there was never a mal.

I have had one or two other dreams though of falling chuteless from lower heights like cliffs and buildings till impact. I guess that's my clue to never do BASE. :S

I have heard rumor somewhere that dreams of falling can happen during cardio arythmia(sp?) where the heart skips a momentary beat during dreams of freefall impact. I'm not sure which one causes the other or if there is any truth to this corelation at all.

Since actualy skydiving for real I have never had dreams of either of the above.
The (good) dream has become real. :)

When I was young I had falling dreams every now and then, which were quite unpleasant.

However, when I started skydiving, most of the bad falling dreams became things that I could control, and I gained control over my flying dreams too. Its a real blast. Every now and then I have the sensation of decent through landscape durring a dream, but its slow, probally my brain processing a canopy ride :P
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I have had consecutive weeks where everynight I dreamed about free fall and also about falling and about the canopy ride as well. Last night infact I had a dream that I went skydiving with friends that have never been I landed off dz in a powerline. wierd huh. They all landed safely, but the dreams are not realistic because everything is slowed down and kinda cartoon like, oh well tons of fun anyways, im always anxious to sleep and see what amazing worlds I can explore next.

Peace

Sean

Sean
Sean In Thailand

I too have skydiving dreams and find them to be a real hoot!

My personal favorite which I've had multiple times is one in which my suspension/control lines are 100's of feet long and I can't seem to catch up with the canopy.
I can control it but I'm always 4-5 seconds delayed in my body going thru the turn ect...

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

One of my most common skydiving dreams is where i have a total mal and hit the ground at terminal, get up and go and book myslef on the next lift! :S

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"
------------------------------------------------------