RicksRiggery

Protracks on Tandems

Anyplace that you gan reach to turn it on at the beginning of the day is going to be reachable by anyone.

Unless you get creative and have a rigger replace the mudflap with a pocket like the reserve pins on the Sigma's have. Something clear that you can look in and see and have cut outs for the on off buttons.

Placing there can get it smashed up if the student slams into it on opening though.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

No kidding? Airtec doesn't care for that?

The grey area is about interpretations. Does the FAA consider it an alteration? Best bet is not to ask.

Where does Sparky put his?

Sparky?

I've seen them on the main lift web before, but that doesn't comply with the 'only accessible by the owner stipulation.

Derek

Hi Rick,

Are you sure it's not Cool & Groovy Evolution 2000s being used not ProTracks? I thought I saw an RE rig with this. This is an advantage of using the Evo200 since it doesn't have an interface so it would be more difficult to tamper with i.e. remove evidence of jumps,as you could do with a ProTrack. With it being more difficult to change, access to the unit is not so much of an issue? Also, people favour ProTracks and Neptunes over Evo2000s so they may be reasonably cheap and easy to pick up. I can't remember where it was attached on the rig I saw, I think in the warning label on the back-pad, but you are probably familiar with that and you are looking for somewhere less accessible. An alternative would the Vigil AAD since that allows you to download information from the data logger such as number of jumps.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live