PVinfo

New DEMON

I haven't jumped it myself, way too little experience, so read it with that in mind.

I've seen some people jump it at my former DZ (Spa/Belgium).
Two of them were hurt under it, one scattered his upper leg, the other just tore the arm. I wasn't there to see it myself (luckyly), either.
I don't know how many jumps each had, but one was close to 900 and the other a tandem instructor, so no 200+ jump wonders. They had been flying HP canopies before.
And i saw a steering line of a PV HP canopy (not sure if it was a Demon, but it was the PV Demo guy) rip on final, wiping the jumper (who is used to jumping it) out pretty ugly, but he was lucky and walked away (3 meters from the taxiway...).
The next time i saw him(this May), he had his leg in bandage, but i don't know from what, so he might have fallen of a ladder.
From what i've seen, it pretty much always looks like stalling at high speeds in the middle/end of the swoop, having a very jittery leading edge.
Most guys having jumped it liked it a lot, but some also didn't quite trust it.
My "second-hand" feedback. No warranties, just what i think. You wanted to know...
Remember, i never jumped it...
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

just remember the name : Performance Variable... Doesn't that mean something like : it might work, it might not... :P
sorry but for me it's a namethat's quite hard to trust... :P
some might say Icarus is close to the same, when you see how the poor guy ended...:)
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

The demon has great speed in flight when compared with other modern HP canopys
Although has a trim quite accentuated for to maintain great flight speed, this can provoke that he levels before time in the swoop if it not be pilot progressively and gently.
The demon is very sensitive and answers direct to the pilot's inputs that it should not be pilot in a brutal way if we want don't remove good perfomance of it
Stall situations with the demon can happen only for the big pilot's mistakes

roq

some might say Icarus is close to the same, when you see how the poor guy ended...

--->> so ..... dont catch a thermal and head for the sun, and you will probably be just fine!!!! ;)

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Well, actually i was jumping a PV "Spark" 150 before my current canopy, and the Spark was infamous for hard openings.
I bought mine second-hand, so i didn't get the manual - big mistake.
Once i downloaded the manual and really followed it stepwise, it gave me soft, snivelly on-heading openings _all_ the time.
Another thing which helped, was stowing the stabilizers between the D and steering lines, but don't ask me _why_.
So in that case, it was "performance variable", because the packer was the variable in the equation...
Has to be said to be fair with PV.:)Shorty, i guess your foot's in one piece again? :P

The demon is very sensitive and answers direct

Stall situations with the demon can happen only for the big pilot's mistakes

I think that this is a contradiction, i saw quite experienced jumpers "almost" stall it and run out of a swoop dragging the canopy behind on the ground...
But i don't want to discuss that for the reason that i didn't jump it and could only post "secondhand answers" apart from my own observation from the side of the field.
They would never be accurate, as everybody has a different frame of reference. As you have obviously jumped it and seem to like it, that's probably the best proof!

There is not contradiction none.
If a canopy is sensitive and answers well you can take advantage of that for improvement the performances and the swoops, but also when you not used these good characteristics well (like one F1 Ferrari) you can make a great mistake...

Roq