judd

hmm...i have a problem with mommy

This is really bad, but kind of funny.

My mom has Alzheimer's Disease. So after I did my first tandem, I showed my father and her my video, talked to them at length about it, etc ... and now my mom is giving my sister a bunch of crap for going skydiving.

My whuffo sister did not appreciate this. She was all, "Thaaaaanks."

I said, "No problem. Just tell her you won't do it again."

I wish I coulda gotton in on this thread earlier, cause I bet you coulda made a really funny joke about using the umbilicle cord (sp?) as a static line.

On a more serious note, I did buy my mother a tandem. She's 49... and loved it. Still makes her nervous, but only her and I can understand what it means to be out there falling.
---
Michael Teator
Lexington, Kentucky

[QUOTE]explain to her how safe skydiving is[/QUOTE]

You're fooling yourself if you think skydiving is safe. It's not reckless, crazy, suicidal like some whuffos think but I dont think its safe. Safe is staying home on a saturday and watching TV and eating junk food in sweat pants. :D

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Thats great ,,,when is this going to happen? This would be a good thread,,follow along with a DZ.Com kid...good luck wally

That's a great idea. Don't know how many people here would be that interested in reading about my son's adventures. It might be better told from him view point. We'll be in the Florida area starting Nov. 21st first in the tunnel, then jumps out at Lake Wales.
Maybe I could get SkyBytch to help me write it up while I'd down there in Florida ;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

i know i probably shouldnt have said anything but i told my mother that im going skydiving next week and she forced me to cancel...anyone have a similar problem, and what can i do about it?:o

You won't jump because your mommy said no? First thing you do is lose that "superman" picture by your name! But then again, why take advice from me? I paid for my daughter's and son's first skydive.

i do not have the similar problem, i am such a problem.. when my one and only son told me he's going for a ride of 800 km to meet his girl friend in her vacations, i was so scared.. he just had his drivers license, in my opinion much toooo early... and left for this long ring. just try to see trough your mother's eyes (it will never work, but try) on the other hand, my son simply lets me know: ok, you need to skydive, but wld like you to come back in proper condition and in vertical... he never likes to have any discussions about this. just the other side of the road, simply look at that and blueskies..

dudeist skydiver # 3105