Nutz

Penalty For Illegal Skydive

in my country it's legal... just a few requirements... not too difficult to organize

Since you mentioned "your country", don't you think it would be informative to tell us which country that is? Or do you expect everyone to go to the trouble of looking at your profile to figure it out?

lazyfrogland... :P
no, its switzerland...
administration is very fussy about many things, but we are very lucky for that. Wherever (or nearly) you wanna jump, as long as it's ok for Air Traffic Control, you can. If you wanna take off from the field in front of your house, if it's OK for the owner and ATC, you can... etc..... Except maybe if you live in front of a hospital or a pension for old people :)
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

OK, since I'm lazy... "restricted air space"

How far away from the airport (busy "international" will I need to be to not be in restricted airspace)

I've gotta assume that my parents 41 acres about 15 miles from it is gonna be located inside of that zone below the airspace.

OK, since I'm lazy... "restricted air space"

How far away from the airport (busy "international" will I need to be to not be in restricted airspace)

I've gotta assume that my parents 41 acres about 15 miles from it is gonna be located inside of that zone below the airspace.

It depends on the specific airport and how high you want to jump from. Check with a pilot who can locate the airport on a sectional map and show you the area that is controlled.
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

Yes, the pilot will lose his ticket if he gets caught! Speaking as a pilot, there is no way that I would let anyone jump out of an aircraft that I was flying, that is unless it was a jump plane over a designated drop zone! The FAA has specific rules about this! Sorry, but I spent too much hard work, time and money earning my pilot ticket to put it into jepority! Speaking as a Skydiver, yes, it would be kind of cool to jump into my own neighborhood, but if it is illegal, no way! Wouldn't be worth it to get kicked out of the USAP/ or be barred from having lisense from them! I look at it like this, being a pilot and being a skydiver are the most important things in my life! I reallyhave nothing else. If did something and lost one, or both, of these things, I would have little reason left to live! No way am I going to do anything to harm the two things in my life, and no way am I going to do anything as a skydiver or as a pilot that will put into risk the two things that I have left! Won't hurt either activity either for myself or for others!
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

>a skydive is officially considered an emergency procedure

No its not. its only an emergency if the pilot declares an emergency. The FAA does not take kindly to pilots calling in an emergency, droping a jumper then flying home and saying nothing was wrong.

Its super to make a skydive legal, why put the pilots rating on the line over an illegal jump?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com