littlestranger

She's a Beauty! SSM Super Otter!

I would, but I might be to busy flirting with the poster. ;)

Why would you want to flirt with a poster?
Doh!:$

Um.........well.............. :$
Can't.........talk.........must.........be...........cool........................EEEEEEAAAAAAAAHH................... :S

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

A guy spotted it in Anchorage back in 1997.

that is N202EH SDNE's old otter it climbs well and comes with a great pilot, Chuck. Hopefully the one we get will have -34's to tke some of the pain from losing that plane away...

Erik

We jump year round at Skydive San Marcos and the winter weather is probably the nicest time of year.hope to see a lot of fun jumpers out to keep this Otter here. Blue Skies

Ahh! Stop it! You are making me so much more homesick for Texas! Its about to get COLD here in Tenn.
I jupmped SSM's King Air back in June.. it was lovely.. sorry that its gone now :(
(must not quit job and move back to Texas.. must not quit job and move back to Texas... )

...and with the PAC 750 right down the line there might be a few more used Otters hitting the market.

The DHC-6 Twin Otter has a proven track record in rugged environments from the tropics to the tundra, and the variety of spare part programs is second to none. While it may not offer the "tailgate exit", its high tail elevator, STOL flight characteristics, and the 12,500-gtow (part 91, solo pilot) make it the best skydiving aircraft available if you have enough skydivers to support it.

SSMI will be taking delivery of a grand Caravan in a couple of weeks, however its base of operation will be @ Houston Skydiving Center @ Wharton Regional Airport. SSMI will bringing there very own Super Otter to the San Marcos operation. Looking forward to seeing every body @ both places

The Staff

...and with the PAC 750 right down the line there might be a few more used Otters hitting the market.

The DHC-6 Twin Otter has a proven track record in rugged environments from the tropics to the tundra, and the variety of spare part programs is second to none. While it may not offer the "tailgate exit", its high tail elevator, STOL flight characteristics, and the 12,500-gtow (part 91, solo pilot) make it the best skydiving aircraft available if you have enough skydivers to support it.

Just wait until the PAC 750 XL hits the US market. The purchase price, running cost and climbing ability (14 K turnaround is about 15 minutes). I think it will be huge competition for both Caravans and Otter's.
Somebody told me that a Caravan here in OZ needs about 10-12 sports skydivers on a load to break even, the XL only needs 6....
I heard the order books are already full in NZ with lots of orders from both Europe and US. Rumor says the Kiwis have already increased the price due to large demand.
I will be jumping from a brand new XL from early January. Will be posting pics and review then....
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

The overhaul and fuel cost on a Twin Otter is twice that of a single engine plane like the PAC 750. Plus with the last of the Otters begin made in the 80's there is a lack of new parts out there. There are some companies that make the majority of the overhaul and common replacement parts but the Otter graveyard is getting raided all the time for hard to find parts.

The PAC has great STOL and slow flight ability. With its Otter-sized door, ability to only need 6-7 to make money and a year of free maintence and free maintence training its a nice option for Otter sized DZ's to look at as their planes age.

Important question for SSM will be is it getting a purple tail like the old one had? B|
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

SSMI will bringing there very own Super Otter to the San Marcos operation

Does this mean yall aren't getting the "New England" Otter anymore? (I guess I'm getting confused in this thread, which apparently is fairly common for me:P).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The PAC has great STOL and slow flight ability. With its Otter-sized door, ability to only need 6-7 to make money and a year of free maintence and free maintence training its a nice option for Otter sized DZ's to look at as their planes age.

Awful hard doin' 20 ways out of them though!;)