littlestranger

She's a Beauty! SSM Super Otter!

That's one of George's planes. Great Otter! I jumped it a couple weeks ago, while ours was in the south avoiding the hurricane and getting a little maintenance.

Have fun!:D

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

I typed in the tail numbers on google and got one hit. That plane was up in Alaska for a while it looks like. A guy spotted it in Anchorage back in 1997. I can't wait for it to show up. I like the King Air but I love Otters.:)
Pete

I would, but I might be to busy flirting with the poster. ;)

YES, that was smooth!!! yay!! Wait, I just ruined it, didn't I? Shit!!!! Bad WrongWay, bad!! :P

That is a nice plane tho, I must say. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Now all it needs is some 14" wire spoke wheels, a boom'n system, and some ground effects. It already has a HUGE spoiler, "dual" HUGE exhaust system and is riding with "3 on the floor." :P

Nice plane, its cool yall have an Otter again, I know King Airs get really old to jump out of.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I dunno what SD Houston has, but I just finally recognized where the picture of this otter was taken--Skydive Orange! hehee

As I recall, it's got -27s and if the pilot comes with it, you'll be amazed at how fast turn-arounds are. He did short-field landings all day and shaved off a minute or so from each load. That puppy needs just a little more room to land than a Harrier.

Enjoy that one! She is a beauty! (and climbs like a raped baboon)

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

Waller's Otter has -27s as well. I think Spaceland's good Otter has -27s, their slow Otter has -20s, but Waller's -27 Otter still climbs a bit faster then Spaceland's -27.

Our 182 outclimbs all of them to 15k...oh, wait...:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

don't fret. I'd bet this is just the home for the winter, if it's gonna be there any longer than the weekend. Think: Damn Yankee. When it returns in the spring, it'll be full of nice, fresh Texas air. I am sure some folks up there could use a little:P.

mike

I actually think that SSM replaced the Otter they sold to a DZ in CO with this Otter. I had heard the Phil was going to add this to the planes that SSM already owns.

There are a few Otters out there for sale. SDC had one for sale, the Otter Graveyard will always make another one (They made FrankenOtter) if you pay enough money, and with the PAC 750 right down the line there might be a few more used Otters hitting the market.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I'll let the picture speak for itself!

Woohoo!

I've always liked Twin Otters. Big door, low windblast on exit. The perfect skydiving plane IMHO.

If only I could win the lottery........ I would buy my own. B|

Here's a picture I took of my favorite bird. ;)