lazyfrog

Ever jumped in a foreign country ??

Hello Fergs
I'm just a newbie in the sport and all, but I'm going to Australie in January till March to jump and work on a dropzone called southern skydivers. Canberra is a bit far maybe to visit from there, but perhaps you can give me some tips for DZ's closer to Perth.
Because I want to go traveling two weeks in March.

I hope to add a lot more dz's to my logs, but until now it's only the Netherlands. And I have to agree with the soldier above. Texel is very cool scenery because it's an Island.
But Teuge is also a fine place to jump.
And off course nice people everywhere to help and answer all of your questions.
I have no comments on other DZ's over here because I've never been there.

So come check it out yourself I'd say;)

Blue skies and a every now and then a big white high cloud:)

Damn right!
You say it how it is Phonics. England is cool - its absolutely kicking for its diminuitive size - the new black I believe. And we could drink any of you guys in warmer climates under the table, which is the more useful pastime in the event of a nuclear attack;). Oh and just for the record Headcorn is very special - its the people that makes it so - yes very special...:D

Hello Fergs
I'm just a newbie in the sport and all, but I'm going to Australie in January till March to jump and work on a dropzone called southern skydivers. Canberra is a bit far maybe to visit from there, but perhaps you can give me some tips for DZ's closer to Perth.
Because I want to go traveling two weeks in March.

I:)

Hi Linda,
Well I’m confident you’ll enjoy Western Australia. Main problem with “the west” is that it’s so far from the rest of the country – but at leat they speak the same language.

Southern Skydivers is around 2 and a half hours south of Perth. Many good things in the area, but the most important thing outside of the DZ is that it’s surrounded by wineries. You’ll enjoy!!

They have a 182 and a Britton Norman Islander. I haven’t jumped there, but I believe it’s a pretty fun place. Other Western Australian DZ’s below.

If you come over East, give me a call / email
WA DZ’s:

FREEFALL CLUB - DZ Located at DALE RIVER.
HILLMAN FARM SKYDIVERS INC. - DZ Located at HILLMAN FARM.
KAMBALDA SKYSPORTS - DZ Located at KAMBALDA WEST.
SKYDIVE EXPRESS - DZ Located at YORK.
SOUTHERN SKYDIVERS - DZ Located at BUSSELTON REGIONAL AIRPORT.
SPORTING SKYDIVERS CLUB OF WA - DZ Located at VARIOUS.
THE PARACHUTE CENTRE - DZ Located at DALE RIVER & PERTH.
WEST AUSTRALIAN SKYDIVING ACADEMY - DZ Located at PINJARRA.
WICKHAM SKYDIVERS INC. - DZ Located at WICKHAM AIRSTRIP.

Blue Skies,

fergsB|

hi Linda when it gets closer to your arrival PM me and We'll get together I jump in Pinjarra, which is about 2 hours from Southen Skydivers.
Southern does have an Islander but it isn't used as often as everyone would like.
The scenry fro ALT is awsome,
You'll LOVE Oz B| it's a great place.
It's going to be bloody hot compared to your home so expect that:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Austria
Pro: nice people
Con: i couldnt see any

being austrian you got to explain that one for me >:(

places i jumped:

spain
castellon

germany: ampfing

at home: wr. neustadt, hohenems, krems
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Had to say no until I jumped at AZULDOVENTO in Campinas, Brasil last weekend.
Pros:Top people, loaned me gear, great atmosphere, lots of folks spoke English, Great plane (skyvan).
Cons:Gear not what I'm used to, expensive jumps, military shower in the morning.

My experience is that whereever you are in the world, skydivers are skydivers. The dz atmospheres are similar to what you've seen at home. The parties are always great.
Troy

I am now free to exercise my downward mobility.

South Africa:
Pros:
- Weather is nearly always jumpable.
Cons:
- Most inland DZs are at 4000ft above MSL so landings are a bit quicker and jumping is generally from only 9500' AGL.

I jump at Johannesburg Skydiving Club which is the highest above sea level in South Africa +/- 5500ft. Our exit altitude is 11 000ft:)

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Austria
Pro: nice people
Con: i couldnt see any

being austrian you got to explain that one for me

Being half austrian.....

that meant that there were NOT any con's. (there were not bad things to report

is it more clear now?

Thank you and I'll certainly do that.:)
I'm very curious about it all.

Linda,

1. fro ALT: I believe Squeak was saying "from altitude" - (right squeak?)
2. Oz: well it's not that we Australians are lazy when we speak - it's just that most of us speak so much and at such a high speed that we must abbreviate as much and as often as we can. "Oz" is short for "Australia" ... Oztralia - get it?

So don't blush - just get with the flow.

Blue Skies,

fergs;)

I'm a bit of a traveller - I haven't even got my b-licence yet!

US -
pros - big planes, great weather, nice people, freqeunt loads
cons - a mere 16 hour plane ride from home

UK -
cons - shit planes, shit weather, no loads,
pros - incredibley nice people and a ON SITE BARS at every dropzone :)
Ireland
same as the UK - but add in as a con(or pro - am alive) - got a pre-packed mal on a student kit - scarey biscuits

Spain -
pros - big planes, great weather, great people - and ON SITE BARS - what more could you possibley want ina DZ!?

UK -
cons - shit planes, shit weather, no loads,

wow... you established that after how many years touring the UK and world DZs?:S

I'll let you go on the weather, though its not bettern in many places in the world, even the US (ask people in WA), but shit planes??????????? No loads????????? :S
Remster

Ok when was the last time you jumped out of a cesna in subzero temperatures? and by cesna I do mean 25minutes to 11,000, 5 people hunched over and told to lean forward on take-off?

I'll let you away with that being an atypical example, but it is my local - and the nearest turbo engined plane to me is 4 hours by train

Dont slak off the entire UK jumping scene then!

and by cesna I do mean 25minutes to 11,000, 5 people hunched over and told to lean forward on take-off?

wow.. you get 11K ! And 5 people! In Alberta and Ontario, it was only 10.5 with 4 on board at the DZs I called home....
Remster

I'm sorry, its just that nearly all my jumps are from big planes where its soo hot all you want to do is get out of the plane, instead of soo cold all you want to do is get onto the ground and get some hot chocolate.
Everything's relative - if I'd never been to the states or spain - I'd still be a happy contented skydiver over here. The atomosphere and people on english dz's are amazing