slotperfect

Skydiving Quotes

I am collecting powerful and inspiring quotes that in some way refer to skydiving. I will post them on my website, which is currently a work-in-progress.

I have the famous quote from Leonardo Da Vinci on the home page:

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return"

Any additions would be greatly appreciated. Post them here or email them to me [email protected]

Thanks!
Arrive Safely

John

"When the people look like ants-PULL,
When the ants look like people-PRAY."

"Out of 10,000 feet of fall, always remember that the last half inch hurts the most." -- Captain Charles W. Purcell, 1932

"Skydiving: It is not just a matter of life and death...it is much more important than that."

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." -- Helen Keller

"Only skydivers know why the birds sing."

"All people who live, die. But, not all people who die have lived."

"A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

"The coward dies a thousand deaths."

"You may never get rid of the butterflies, but you can teach them how to fly in formation....."

"I tell new jumpers that the Cypres software is written by Microsoft. They know I'm joking but it gets the point about infallibility across." - Skratch Garrison

"Want more altitude? - take it off the bottom."

How does a blind parachutest know when to open his chute?
When the lead on his guide dog goes slack.

"You do not need a parachute to skydive.
You only need one to do it twice

From here...

As skydivers, we can feel less deeply the anguish of knowing the impermanence of love, and of those we love. Skydiving *celebrates* life's impermanence with a brilliant brightness, floods it with a blinding light. Ultimately, it reminds us that life is very fragile, but very brave.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

This was actually a quote about climbing, but if you change 'mountains' for 'air', I think it would still apply...

"Brave men become unnerved in the mountains, and if they lack skill, their fear will kill them..."
Carlo Mauri
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone