who has actually made serious $$$ from skydiving?

You hear about them a lot do to the size of this sport and how fast word travels. Not to mention that even though the sport is very small, there are 2 major publications dedicated to them.

I'm willing to bet that the money they make on these things is fairly slim.

You make some good points Dave, however, my bet is Mullins makes some pretty good Trump. He is booked pretty much year around and he charges a pretty penny for the high altitude jumps he does too.

I bet Mullins is not eating Ramen.

jjf
It's a gas, gas, gas...

the best way to explain it is for you to read the TRIVIA thread, and the "suspensions" column. That way I dont have to repeat myself.

you can always check out the site of Rob Price...

called "pricesmoneypit

thanks

Bill Cole;)

or do a DZ.Com search for articles containing
"chuteless"
there are a few! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I would hazard to guess in the near future that the swoopers are going to be making some good money. Along with the meet $$ they bring in, once the mainstream starts to see it as cool (speed, water and crashes) ESPN will be paying bucks to show and also other sponsers.

Is a chicken omelette redundant?

For everyone who is bringing in tons of cash, remember that they laid out tons of cash too and have fat debt to repay. Skydiving, for most, just doesn't pay. At least it doesn't pay in dollars, but I think there's a lot to be said for the intangibles.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

If you want to be free from responsibility and dont want material possesions then skydive all week long.

And under any circumstances NEVER EVER get married.

Have to differ here. My wife was the one that kept wanting to go. It wasn't until the 4th or 5th skydive that I was hooked. I just looked over and said "remember baby, this is all your fault."

"Never waste a heartbeat."

Well, I started Gravity Gear and GravityGear.com while living in my van at the DZ. Last year I lived in an RV. This year I just got a Condo.

Slowly but surely, doing what I love. It's not too bad.

I do like ramen and try not to eat Sushi all summer to make it through the winter. It all depends what your priorities are. If you want it bad enough, you can make it happen!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I live in Chicago, a great city, and I have alot of my wants and needs satisfied. But the one thing that gets me is that I dream about skydiving!! I dream about freefall, I dream about malfunctions and how to deal, I dream about my landings, and I dream about the people I've met while skydiving...going headdown.
My point being.....the money may be great in the city but if you're wanting to be at 13,000 ft. ....is shopping at IKEA really that important? Maybe not.

If you want to make a small fortune in skydiving...
You have to start with a big one.

A familiar quote for fun (hobby-type) sports.

Most of the people making a living in skydiving are doing so with twice the hours of a normal job. Most of them enjoy the job because of the freedom, and enjoy the skydives, and introducing folks to the sport. Even though the pay is poor, something has to be said for enjoying your work.
Only a few have started with nothing and ended up with something. Most will leave the sport early, and get a regular job so they can retire (someday).
Troy

I am now free to exercise my downward mobility.

He's a Fedex Captian..
In 'real life'

Yep....MD-11 Captain with FDX.

Mike

I believe, the lesson here kiddies, is skydiving itself alone, may not make the big bucks, however, coupled with some aviation, you should be able to "get buy"...

Nothing wrong with that whatsoever, flying and jumping, jumping and flying...

Good Stuff

jjf
It's a gas, gas, gas...