Brian425

My hop and pop today.

I am taking my skinny butt up to the ranch to do my hop and pop and hopefully a few jumps. It' supposed to be cold and windy. [:/]

I wish I lived in Florida.

No matter what I'll be back again. I must get my A. This is so frustrating.

At least I can do some fun jumps :)
B

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

He did pretty good. He wasnt as happy as he could have been, so he went up and did it again. Said he wanted to get his exit down. I told him good thing, you dont know how many people I see with hundreds of jumps that couldnt exit stable if they tried.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

It went ok. I am still trying to sort out my exits and I thought this would be a good way to do it. I can get stable very quickly. It's just that initial barrel roll or front loop I want to get rid of.

I need to work on presentation and trusting that the ground will be there. Even when I hit a good arch, for some reason I feel compelled to look down. I guess it's a natural feeling to look where you think your body is going.

I did a second hop and pop a little later and this one was WORSE. I felt ok intially on the exit then for some reason, I started running. I must have looked like wiley coyote in the road runner cartoon. My feet going full speed and no ground below. I WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN.

I will present, arch and watch the plane fly away. Who cares where the ground is. I did pass it as far as the requirements; but, I spoke with Mike and Linda and they both said that they will make some extra time to work on exits with me.

Most importantly I pulled, pulled on time and I pulled stable. I bought beer, and I laughed about my own silliness.

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

Great!
I can't exit stable consistently I might have a couple of good ones and then blow the next few. I also tend to look down when jumping alone,try to pick out ground references while in free fall. If your lookin down you might as well get somethin out of it .
I find it hard to do just what I want when by my self, I guess it's because I don't dirt dive my solos with someone.

I have a plan to owrk on the exits. So hopefully I can get this cleared up fairly quickly.

I almost forgot to mention how much fun they are. It's kind of strange when you open the door. Everything looks so close to you. It also seems that the plane is going faster. The pilot did not really throttle back like they do at 13,500.

Still it's lots of fun and I think it's a good way to work on my exits.