dkf1979

550 jumps in 24 hours 11/11/03

I'll let you know afer spending the last 4 hours of his attempt riding in one of the Porters as Jay's "saftey guy".

Hope I don't get sick. I figgure I should be making about 80-90 take offs and landings in 4 hours.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

What was the plane's climb rate?

To complete this, he has to do one jump every 2.6 minutes. The porter climbs like a bat out of hell, I'm guessing that's why they chose this particular aircraft. I wouldn't be surprised if they got close to 2,000 fpm on a lightly loaded aircraft running at low altitude.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

550 jumps in 24 hours is awesome!! Good luck to Jay at atempting and completng this record. I wish him nothing but good luck and safety. After looking at the bio for Jay on the website and seeing that it noted that he is credited for a record of 331 jumps for 24 ours back in 1995, I wanted to note Rockey Kenoyer.

Looking back at the history of "most jumps in 24 hours" I will always give kudos to Rocky. He made 403 jumps in 24 hours at Snohomish Washington back in 1989 or so. This was not equaled by anyone untill years later!!

I dont want to get into the issues that a 1500' average exit altitude may bring up but have to note that this fact resulted years later with USPA (a "voluntary, non-regulatory association") along with others arguing that the record was not valid since the jumps were not made from the min "suggsted" 2000' container opening altitude. Because of this argument, Rockey's record was removed from Gunness Books after it had been included as the offical record for may years.

I know it is now a moot point now and I hope Jay gets the 550 but I think that Rockey should be remembered when an attempt like this takes place!!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Watched him for about the first 30 minutes before I had to go to work. He was turning about 2.2 minutes per load.

Looks like I get a bit of releif. Each Porter (there are two) will fly 2 hour shifts, so I've only got to be on board for 50 to 60 take off and landings.:S

I wish him the best of luck, he's gonna be one tired puppy by the end of this....[:/]
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Yes, Sparky is there helping.

I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed.

JP, get some pictures. Pretty please.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

pother .commers are helping as well. Laurie is helping to pack between 4pm-8pm. I am going to pack between 8pm-12am. They said we would each be packing about 20 rigs during that time. 5 an hour isn't that bad. I served in some of the same units Jay did in the Army (although years after him). His name has followed me everywhere I have gone since 1994 I guess it is the least I can do to help out a fellow soldier on this day!
Dom