-Joey-

What canopy should I buy?

I'm in the market for a new canopy. I've found a few XF2's, a few Mambas, and a Pilot.

My penis is telling me to get a XF2 or a Mamba, and downsize like a motherfucker. Mad skillz bitchez.

My brain is telling me to get the Pilot, which may prolong my life, and is only one downsize from my previous wing of the same type (lightly elliptical).

This is your one chance to convince me, a proud card-holding member of the SoFPiDaRF, to go with the more sensible but less sexy option.

Proceed with written arguments.
Skydiving is serious business

What, you're not man enough for the Petra or Peregrine? :D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer

What, you're not man enough for the Petra or Peregrine? :D

I probably could fly a Peregrine. I would definitely demo one if I had the chance. But I don't think I'd want that much responsibility every jump.

-Joey-

I'm in the market for a new canopy. I've found a few XF2's, a few Mambas, and a Pilot.

My penis is telling me to get a XF2 or a Mamba, and downsize like a motherfucker. Mad skillz bitchez.

My brain is telling me to get the Pilot, which may prolong my life, and is only one downsize from my previous wing of the same type (lightly elliptical).

This is your one chance to convince me, a proud card-holding member of the SoFPiDaRF, to go with the more sensible but less sexy option.

Proceed with written arguments.

Proceeding as if this was a real question:

Get the pilot (actually I would not suggest the pilot personally... Maybe a crossfire, katana...etc)

You can downsize to a tiny canopy only if you survive the canopy you have now.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Why are you asking this question? You don't give two shits about what other people think, and if it wasn't for a seller with some balls and ethics, you would already have an x-fire, 36sq ft smaller than the 150sq ft intermediate canopy you just sold.

You're really hell bent on becoming a statistic, aren't you? I know you were super keen on asking for statistics in the camera thread, I didn't know your interest went as far as wanting to be one.

Nice one Joey! You got a rise from Dave again. Will he ever learn? Check this auction out for some cheap fun.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Javelin-RS-Velocity-79-PR113-/200934631074?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec8a326a2

Don't say I never helped you out. You're welcome amigo.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

-Joey-

I think I'm gonna have to start creating these types of threads more regularly. They are worth it just for dave's replies.

When you get some real saddle time Skippy, you'll figure out Dave's just trying to stop ya from shopping for one of these.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Btw, is there some kind of secret forum here or something? How did dave know I inquired about an XF2 114 being sold by someone who jumps at a different DZ from either of the two of us? And how did that dude know I definitely shouldn't be on one? It's a little bit creepy to be honest...

Btw, is there some kind of secret forum here or something? How did dave know I inquired about an XF2 114 being sold by someone who jumps at a different DZ from either of the two of us? And how did that dude know I definitely shouldn't be on one? It's a little bit creepy to be honest...

Not creepy at all,,,,it's obvious isn't,,,,,He fucking cares for you,,,,IF you listen to him and a few others posting they might just save you some pain and grief and your life.

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

skydiver604

Not creepy at all,,,,it's obvious isn't,,,,,He fucking cares for you,,,,IF you listen to him and a few others posting they might just save you some pain and grief and your life.

Well...that, AND it tends to remind one that the 'anonymous' bullshit they post really isn't all that anonymous after all...like I said ~ small world. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Well...that, AND it tends to remind one that the 'anonymous' bullshit they post really isn't all that anonymous after all...like I said ~ small world

LOL It is a very small world indeed :ph34r::D

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

airtwardo

***I think I'm gonna have to start creating these types of threads more regularly. They are worth it just for dave's replies.

When you get some real saddle time Skippy, you'll figure out Dave's just trying to stop ya from shopping for one of these.

Or, one of these....:o
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Pilot, XF2 or Mamba?

They are all pussy choices.

You need a Katana or a Velo if your penis wants to feel loved.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

airtwardo

Small world

Hell yeah, I enquired about Bob Nystrom's accuracy rig, sent some details to my rigger to review.

Received an unsolicited reference from Bill Morrissey about the rig and Bob.

Bill had also independently contacted a rigger he knew in Sydney on the off chance that he knew me which in turn was my rigger so it was circle was complete. Small world.