Vertifly

"Cheaper" or "More-Expensive" (per jump) to skydive somewhere that isn't your home DZ?

I think it's usually more expensive to jump at other DZs, boogies, etc... I'm not sure why, but I tend to spend more when I'm on the road. That and we've got pretty cheap jump tickets compared to the rest of the country.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

It is almost always more expensive to go anywhere other than "home" to skydive cause of the travel costs. But that isn't why you go. Cheaper jump tix at the "other place" just make the given trip more attractive.

We go for a change of scenery and to meet more of the family!

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.

Dificult Question in my case.

My home Dropzone is cheap, but has a crapy C206.
When i jump on a bigger DZ in germany i pay 25€ for 4000m
This year at the slowak air boogie we payed 13.80€ for 4000m that was cheaper than a regular dropzone in germany even including travel and everything else.
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

I go to a lot of small BCPA boogies in the UK... there the price is generally the same, although I have to factor in travel and registration. As these are UK DZ's though, I basically treat each as my home, at least thats the way they feel.

Say "travel" and I think a trip to a US or Spanish DZ... (maybe even russia next year). There the jumps are deffinately cheeper and I try to cram in as many as poss.