jumpinfarmer

first plane ride

Well, I was in a plane many times before I took the dive... but my friend in Dallas (Josh) has exactly the same number of jumps as he does takeoff's! He has taken off over 500 times in an airplane and NEVER landed in one! How messed up is that!

Chaps
Carpe diem

My dad got his pilot lic when I was 13 so flying was no big deal when it came time to jump...I remember on my first thinking "oh this is no big deal..its just like flying with dad".... however when they opened the door to take a peak its was a WHOLE NEW BALL GAME!!! Not to mention when they opened it all the way to jump!!! :S Coarse its all good now;)

jason
Freedom of speech includes volume

The first time I ever rode in a plane was when I did my first tandem jump. So far, it's been the only jump I've had and only plane ride as well. I kinda want to be the person that can say they've rode on a plane 1000 times but never landed in one. I think that would be a cool story to tell.

Sheena
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

I'd never been in any kind of airplane before my first and second static line jumps in 1978. I was the first student out of the C-195 with NO door, so I had a great view the entire ride up. After I opened I looked down to see where I was and it looked like I was over a forest. Then I scanned up toward the horizon and saw real trees.:$ I was over an overgrown pasture.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I'm taking a commercial flight this weekend to Orlando to the wind tunnel and it will be the first time in 6 months I've been on a plane without a parachute. It’s going to be a funny feeling…
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

I guess the attendant will be bemused why you insist on sitting on the floor for the entire flight!

Adam.

My last business trip (and, technically, my first) I got my seat at the gate and asked for exit row. I was sorta tired so I didn't think it through when they asked whether I was in fit shape to be an exit row guy and I said "oh, sure, I open airplane doors and jump out all the time." I qualified and got that row (yay, footroom) but the attendant was a bit concerned and finished with "well we shouldn't need you to do that on this flight."

The seat was too cushy; it didn't feel right.

Anyway, back on topic, I had flown (ridden) in 737s several times before I started jumping. But commercial airflight tended to scare me, so I did some recreational flying with a private-license friend in a 152. After that, commercial air flight seemed SO safe! All this time it never occurred to me that I would one day seriously jump out of flying airplanes. Several years later, I hadn't flown in anything for a long time and I got into a 182 with 2 other static-line babies, a jumpmaster, and a pilot and flew out over that "scented" farmland. The ride to 3.5k seemed to take forever in that terrifying sort of way. :)

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

I'm taking a commercial flight this weekend to Orlando to the wind tunnel and it will be the first time in 6 months I've been on a plane without a parachute. It’s going to be a funny feeling…

Before this spring, it had been about 4 1/2 years since I'd ridden on a plane without a parachute. I remember thinking on the way to cruising altitude that the last time I was in a jet, I'd jumped out the back door about three miles over Illinois.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

1st time in a small plane was to jump(c-182).

Been on many comercial jets and proped planes before(737,dash8,c-130 herculies and another military one...think it was called a cosmo)...also had a ride in a labrdor and huey choppers ....little of subject..but had a 4 hour trip in a submarine also.(cadets was good to me as a teenager)

Oh boy, lets see,
182, 172, 152, 150, Cherokee 140,Cherokee 160, Cherokee Six, Cardinal, Cardinal RG, Cub, Champ, Tripacer (current plane), Pacer, Travelaire, Starduster Two, Slip Stream Genisis, Challenger, Challenger II, Sky Blaster, Revelation, Scepter, Sky Ranger, Lake Buckineer, DC 3, Bell (Ron's), Otter, Caravan, Skyvan, King Air... I know there's more, but I just can't think any more!!;)

Don't tell me I can't! I already know that! Haven't you seen my x-rays?

Well, I've been on planes all my life, plus, I'm a pilot so I can't say that. I do't have as impressive a resume' as Patman, but I'm rated in Cessna C-172, Piper Cherokee 140, Piper Arrow, BeechCraft T-34B, working of getting rated in DHC C-7 Caribou
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

How many of you had never been in a plane before you started skydiving? How many never been in a plane except to jump from it?
I'm just wondering how many other people had been as atached to the ground as me.

:)was on the day I made my first jump.... It was great..The view was super....it was 31 years ago..
I had over 150 jumps before I ever landed in a plane and as I looked out the window,,,the glideslope on final,, was soooo shallow
I was certain we would never reach the runway....:P
but we did...
I sometimes say that we are so priviledged,, as jumpers.... We pay a modest fee for "an airplane ride to altitude..."
and then get to skydive from the plane ...... for FREE!!!!!:o:DB|;)
skydive softly, skydive often, skydive with friends.