flapdemwings

Lake Wales or Sebastian

I haven't been to Lake Wales; I live on the dz at Sebastian.

It's beautiful here. I recommend planning nothing much on the first jump you do here, cuz it's gorgeous from altitude and you'll just end up gawking at the scenery instead of concentrating on the skydive. ;)

Right now there's a Caravan and an Otter sitting on the tarmac. The Caravan flew a buncha loads today. Unfortunately I wasn't on any of them.

If you're into RW, Roger Ponce will be here Turkey day weekend doing load organizing. I "think" the SkyVan will be here by then (but don't quote me cuz I don't know for sure).

Even if you decide to stay someplace else, stop by and do a jump here!

How long are you gonna be around for? You could hit 'em both....it's only about a 90 minute drive between the two. Lake Wales is better during the week - more loads go up each day than Sebastian. Sebastian has got a much better view. Both have Twin Otters, plus Sebastian has a Caravan, and Lake Wales has a C182 they'll fly with as few as 2 fun jumpers. Both are awesome places..

Mike

>Lake Wales has a C182 they'll fly with as few as 2 fun jumpers

They still have the one with the Roll up door? Drool....

Lake Wales is getting the Casa right after Thanksgiving if I remember right.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

>Lake Wales has a C182 they'll fly with as few as 2 fun jumpers

They still have the one with the Roll up door? Drool....

Lake Wales is getting the Casa right after Thanksgiving if I remember right.

The CASA was there during the holidays last year, and we had a lot of fun jumping this plane.

Lake Wales is a really cool place, with a huge landing area, and a huge packing hangar. I think exactly the same as Aviatrr. Why don't you go to both places? Sebastian and Lake Wales are not too far away from each other. I'm sure you'll have fun at both places.

;)

Yves.

Why can't you come to Z-hills. We drink much more beer and put up a lot of loads. We will have two otters starting saturday and we've got a big fat swoop pond. C'mon, you know you love it!

Okay just a fun little jab at Florida -

Isn't the whole state a swoop pond? ;)
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Isn't the whole state a swoop pond?

Yet another reason FL to move to FL! ;) Of course, you Yankee folk could stay in the frozen tundra of the North...more sky for me!
:P
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

As a ntavie Born and raised Floridian Living in Ohio for the past 3 years, yeah let's go to Florida ANYWHERE has got to be better than this nasty cold wet stuff here.

Here - - 32 degrees and wet (Today)
Florida - - 80 degrees Sunny and DRY!!!! (Today)

Hmmm who cares about swoop swamps when the skies are blue;)

Oh yeah and the gators there don't eat much. You usually get away only loosing an arm or leg.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I went through AFF in Lake Wales!! Definitely recommend dropping by.B| There are some really cool people there and rowdy parties at night. Then again, I have been dying to go to Sebastian, heard it was a sight!:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Dying to visit? Interesting choice of words...
As for the question... Visit both! They are both awesome...... Lake Wales also has team rooms available if you want to stay on the DZ cheap!! Sebastian has the DropShop which is worth a visit...
Heck you could do load #1 at Lake Wales and hit Sebastian for sunset; then do the reverse the next day... Florida jumping in the winter does not suck...

L8er,
Biffin
;)

Swoo Rodriguez #1020, LawnDart, AR #007