Paige

Adam Hammond a new Golden Knight, CONGRATS!!!

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/news/stories/20031115/localsports/648874.html

This article says it all! SGC has their very own Golden Knight, Adam Hammond B|

CONGRATS! I'm so glad all of your hard work and training paid off :)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

thanks for posting the article paige:) i was tryin to tell people that he made the knights without a tryout and no one would believe me. now i am proven right!! lets get some more ou girlie jumps in this weekend if its not cloudy as shit, k?

Sounds good chica! I will be finishing up on Wed. so I'll be heading to SGC from Columbus. We can carpool if you are going to be there too. If not I think we all agreed to meet around noon on Sat's and Sun's to jump. Are you on the email that Jamie sends out every week to see who can make it to jump? If not, I'll pass on your email and make sure you get on the list serve.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Welcome to the Glass House Adam.

After reading the article and making a few phone calls I decided to respond to this post.

To be a Golden Knight and a member of a time honored core you need to do certain things. Make it through tryouts, make it through winter training, and make it through you first year on the team. As I am happy for Adam, I hope he understands on what he needs to do for the tradition of the Golden Knights and his team mates.

I have seen people get assigned to the team before without trying out and they go to tryouts the following year. I have even sons of former Golden Knights that are excellent skydivers go to tryouts. Adam has been assigned to the Golden Knights but it will be up to him to go to tryouts and gain the respect of his teamates. I am sure Adam has what it takes to make it through tryouts and I wish him luck on his venture.

Golden Knight tryouts are not about picking the best skydiver. They are about picking team mates. Men and Women that you travel with over 200 days a year. Men and Women that have motivation to learn and work hard to gain a common goal as a Golden Knight.

Looking at the posts about this subject I can tell Adam has what it takes to become a Golden Knight. You have much respect from your home drop zone. It will be up to Adam to prove this to his future team mates. It is not about just being paid to skydive or getting free stuff. You need to work and always remember you are being watched.

Good luck and I hope you win some Gold for the team.

Former Golden Knight
Brian Smith
See you up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golden Knight tryouts are not about picking the best skydiver. They are about picking team mates. Men and Women that you travel with over 200 days a year. Men and Women that have motivation to learn and work hard to gain a common goal as a Golden Knight.

My tracking partner my first year, SFC Bill Brown, had not been through tryouts either. He had been hired as an Operations NCO (no tryout required - interview process only). He later was taken on as a Demonstrator because of his extensive demo jump experience and proven track record on GK demos as a guest demonstrator (commonplace on the Team). I considered him a Team Mate and a brother, regardless of his not having been through tryouts. My Team Leader told me he was my Team Mate, Bill earned my respect, trust, and friendship, and that was that.

I agree completely with Brian's assessment, and I acknowledge him for choosing such clear, concise, and powerful words on this subject. Thank you Brian, for your attitude and contribution.

It is not about just being paid to skydive or getting free stuff. You need to work and always remember you are being watched.

I too wish Adam the best of luck in his new career, and congratulate him on being granted a "skydiving scholarship." The Team changes as the world and the the skydiving community around it changes. I can only wish him well and trust that he will honor his Team Mates and his new environment by making good choices.

'Some people see the world as it is and ask, "Why?" I see the world as it could be and say "Why not?"' --George Bernard Shaw

John Hawke
Gold Demonstration Team
'92, '93, '94