Kramer

New Skydiver's Question...About Reserve Chute

I pulled my reseve out last night because it's time for a repack. Fairly new rig and havent had a reserve ride on it and its bloody yellow! I thought it was white but no, it YELLLLOOOWWW. Would have been a bit of a surprise if te first time i'd have seen it was after a cutaway. :D

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

1362:3

#1- Hard pull on student rip-cord gear... brought both hands in and went head-low opened in a track and blew 2 cells front to back on opening. Wouldn't fly... so I chopped. Round reserve.

#2- Incident report waiting to happen...
Borrowed gear, 2-way drill dive busting points to 2000ft. Short track away, couldn't find pud, no AAD, round reserve that was way too small for my weight. Deployed a lineover at just above 1000'... 10 second round reserve ride to the desert floor at 5000' ground elevation. Landed in a heap. Bruised and pissed off.

#3- Misrouted bridle using a BOC covered pouch (bridle on the outside of the pouch but inside the BOC cover) total malfunction. Had Integrity risers and when the reserve deployed so did the main but risers were lodged in the 3-rings.... popped them loose and landed uneventfully in the center of the peas.

Just proves what I have said for many years now... "Complacency in extreme sports will kill you. When an event gives you a whisper about your mortality.... listen to it."

All reserve rides were under 300 jumps... none since. Knock on wood...

GraficOB|
GraficO

"A Mind is a terrible thing to taste."