Kramer

New Skydiver's Question...About Reserve Chute

142 : 1

Just about to get my A liscense - slider wouldn't come down
Chopped high - lived to fly another day - actually i got on the next load.

Yeah, I probably could have cleared it - I say that now - But it was so much different then.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

1:0, but I'm still happy about it!!

I thought the ratio was 1 in every 700 jumps, and that was posted somewhere here in the last week or so.

Bob
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

270:1

Lost hackey, just off student status, first dozen or so jumps w/ my own gear. Needless to say, I check the hell out my hackey before exit now. I had sat on it in the plane and shoved it way into the BOC pouch -- I never would have found it. Remember: try twice and go for silver -- it saved my ass!.

Bought a Spectre now... (quade's fault ).

And, uh, how many cutaways on the Spectre?

Oh, and you got your PRO Rating on that same canopy too didn't you?

1 cutaway with the Spectre (remember JFTC?).

Yes indeed, it served me very well for my PRO rating as well. :)
When I posted it was 'quade's fault' this was a complete compliment in your favor. And of course, validating your point.

It still ticks me off that I had that last cutaway....if I'd been able to safely pull higher I would have been able to get out of those multiple line twists and land just dandy under my main. :| But, as the 4th rule of skydiving goes...'Land Safety', I had to chop or be hurt...

Thanks,
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

216:0 - I landed a step thru the other day. I looked up at my twisted risers, found my handles, thought (at 2400 ft) oh my God, This is LOW! then I thought since my canopy was flying so well that I'd at least do a control check - last ditch effort. With only 211 jumps, I reached up to release my brakes that were twisted up in the risers as well, not knowing what was going to happen and still prepared to cut away, and checked to see if I could land it. There was some tension in the lines but everything worked like it was suppose to. I was so SCARED I didn't even collapse my slider. I pack for myself so I'll have noone to blame for stupid packing mistakes. LESSON LEARNED:)