Erroll

Your nicest aircraft to (solo) exit from?

Solo????? I happen to like a good ole C-182 for solos.. combine it with a fun pilot and you can have all sorts of fun>>>

yoshi

edited to add planes jumped..

c-182, otter, supper otter, caravan, grand caravan, C-130 hercules, Alouette heli, beech 18, twin bonanza, c-172, dc-3, king air, sky van, casa, and I think thats all of m..

I have jumped from C-2 Greyhounds, C-130 Hercules, C-141B Starlifter, C-17 Globemaster, MC-130 Combat Talon and Shadow, various helos and many small prop civilian aircraft. Don't really have a favorite. Anything with decent room is ideal. Nothing worse than a long trip cramped in small quarters with a platoon of heavily equiped teammates.

Forty-two

I've been out of a C-182, C-206, Grand Caravan, Turbolet 410 and an SMG. 182 poised exits are cool, and being last out of a 206 and doing a sitting student exit is really to move into.

BUT - favourite exit has to be the Let 410. Biiiiiiiiig door, lots of things to grab onto, and if you just jump, go limp, and make no attempt to change your position you can watch the plane flying away for about 15 seconds (well, I can anyway!).

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

and the Antonov 2. I think it is one of the biggest biplanes in the world.

Yip, someone (it may have been 'Top Gun' Chris) organized an AN2 for Carletonville (now JSC) several years ago. I did three jumps from it. Not particularly dramatic, except for the novelty and the incredibly smooth take-off those massive bi-plane wings gave it. And then of course it was about a 30-40 minute ride to altitude!:P

Close to the other end of the Antonov scale was the AN12. The one we jumped from used JATO and had a tailgunner turret sticking out the back. I forget it's run-in speed (that's 'jump run' speed for most of you) but it was very fast (cruising speed was around 550km p/h) and the propwash was enormous. Great for going out early and watching close to a hundred jumpers follow.

Either the B-17 (out the bomb bay) or 727.

have u actually jumped out of a b-17??? how many of them are flying these days, there cant be many left now?

727 as in the jet? - awsome

Yup. My B-17 jump was from the Collings Foundation's B17 "Nine 0 Nine" the last year I went to Quincy (2000?).

727 as in the jet - an Amerijet 727 cargo plane also at Quincy (a couple different years). The same model DB cooper jumped from. Out the back (the Cooper vane was deactivated). With 90 or 100 people on a pass, single file exit, 2 passes.

c-130.... it's the only airplane that I could FLY above at normal jumprun speed (110 kts or so)...

Nothing like looking down on the airplane I just exited (in straight and level flight)... that means that I AM flying too!

Chris

(of course I was Bird-Manning, that's all I do anymore!)

Yea, I got plenty of Jumps from the C-130 and C-141. I just wish I would have more like the ones you had.. Chris ..More fun Birdman Stuff. All I ever got to do was maybe look up at the Belly for like 3 seconds and it was all over with a big round overhead...sure would be nice to make a few now with the Birdman..he.he..B| I guess the Best jump plane for me as a civillian Skydiver would be Casa or Skyvan. Love the tailgate stuff...;)Best Solo..Balloon;)

I have to agree, Russian choppers are great. Big ramp, low speed, lots of space. The take off in a big chopper... I have tried the MI-17 (think its somewhat bigger then the MI-8).
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

My favorite solo exits are still:
Last out solo, exit facing forward into a sit, from Mullins King Air. With either Mike or Charlie flying, if you tell them "solo, last out, I'm gonna sit and chase ya down" they will turn and dive on your count. It's sooooo freaking cool to fall with Mike for a few thousand feet. You loking at him, him looking at you, one inside the plane, one out.

Awsome freaking visual!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1