SKYWHUFFO

NUMBER ONE DROPZONE

Skydive Play Del Carmen = Best View, coldest BEER, Hottest Latin ladies...:P

that's funny...
I'd say Playa Del Carmen because of the hot tandem guy I was hooked to.

umm..err...I mean..I WOULD have said that, except that I'm married. HEY HONEY! :$

Proof that the views are gorgeous there..
click on the link in my Sig and look at "first tandem". amazing views there. (and landing softely on the beach was pretty awesome, too)

downfall to Playa Del Carmen: The hike to the plane, the drive back, no DZ "atmosphere"...

--------------------------------------------
Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings

GRASS=GOOD

CORN=BAD!!!

I had also heard things like that before visiting SDC for the 2002 Nationals.

Lemme tell ya, there is so much freekin' grass at SDC that if you can't land on it, you might just wanna consider giving up skydiving.

I guess there are folks that get/accept bad spots every once in awhile, but holy crap they have a HUGE freekin' grass landing area.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Well, I landed in the corn at SDC ... our pilot during the AFF Cert. Course was told to drop us in the "general location" of the DZ (to him this meant within a 2 mile radius)... B|>:(

He and I laughed about that part of it later but let me tell ya, I've landed in corn twice, once at SDC and once at Rantoul from a REAL BAD spot ...
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

our pilot during the AFF Cert. Course was told to drop us in the "general location" of the DZ (to him this meant within a 2 mile radius)...

What did your evaluator have to say about your accepetance of the obviously bad spot?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

our pilot during the AFF Cert. Course was told to drop us in the "general location" of the DZ (to him this meant within a 2 mile radius)...

What did your evaluator have to say about your accepetance of the obviously bad spot?

You blame it on reserve-side, since they are responsible for spotting.:o:D

You blame it on reserve-side, since they are responsible for spotting.:o:D

Oh, that's pretty freakin' funny there, Shark! ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Well, I landed in the corn at SDC ... our pilot during the AFF Cert. Course was told to drop us in the "general location" of the DZ (to him this meant within a 2 mile radius)... B|>:(

He and I laughed about that part of it later but let me tell ya, I've landed in corn twice, once at SDC and once at Rantoul from a REAL BAD spot ...

Lame excuse! I've jumped many times when Roger spotted;) and STILL didn't land in the corn.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

skydive san diego! cause the navy tactical air ops school is there and those guys are taught in three weeks aff to include nite jumps with full combat equipment load. they even wind up landing together. teaching thirty to fifty sailors brand new to skydiving all that in fifteen working days, haha thats priceless and a miracle.

Yeah that is right Shark and I actually was main side on that one. Wouldn't have mattered. Half the time they were out the door whether we had a hold of them or checked the spot or not. The times they actually checked in were bonuses.

And Kallend yes, but I was barely even 1:1 wingloading a 7 cell Spectre downwind from the main landing area, my only hope of getting close or hitting it was to face the wind and pray for drive. Wasn't happenin though, call it Screwed.

Bottom line, landing in the corn sucks.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."