SKYWHUFFO

NUMBER ONE DROPZONE

Haven't hit all that many DZs, but I still have to do this by category, can't pick an absolute favorite:

Best view - Skydive Monterey Bay (with Sebastian and Space Center coming in tied for second)
Best vibe/nicest people - Skydive California City
Best Grass - Z'Hills (why can't we grow grass like that in California??)
Everything a skydiver needs, almost nothing they don't - Skydive Arizona
Personal all-around fave - Adventure Center Skydiving, of course...where I started, and always #1 in my heart...(but speaking of bathrooms...they may be the hands-down worst-of winner)

Cant wait to get to WFFC this year, and really want to try SDC, sounds like an awesoome place.

Iceman
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

You have to be kidding. Skydive Chicago even has its restrooms featured in its ads.

SDC's bathrooms are great, but as far as SHOWERS go, Moss Point's are infinitely better.

I'm pretty familiar with the showers at SDC, and although it's my home DZ, I'm a big enough person to admit that there are better dropzone showers in the U.S. :P

And watch out for the showers at the Ranch; they're boiling!!!!

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

Skydive Crosskeys.

1. AireExpress planes (skyvan, otter, caravans, porter, cessnas, Alouette helicopter, bi-plane)

2. Open all-year: this means up to 350 tandems on weekends alone in summer and hard core jumpers throughout the winter to keep the planes flying.

3. World Champion jumpers/coaches of all disciplines

4. A very progressive student program including Skydive U. and Freefly Introduction

5. Staff that fun jump as much as the regulars - they still love the sport for all the reasons we do, not just making a little cash and hucking tandems. (BTW, busy enough all summer to RAKE IN some $$ and then f*** off for the winter)

6. A world-class dz with a small dz feel - the dzo's family runs the café, the same people who opened the dz originally still jump here.

7. A legendary party atmosphere after-hours. (nudity? we got nudity!)

8. 15 minutes outside a REAL city: Philadelphia is only a few miles down the road - this means access to actual restaurants, clubs, bars etc. without making a 1-2 hour drive.

9. Facilities: indoor carpeted packing hangar, packing concession, Square 3 gear store, full-service loft, café, swoop pond, swimming pool, camping area, tiki bar, fire pit, observation deck

10. The greatest vibe between students, lo and high number jumpers, instructors/staff of any dz I've ever been to.

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

Moss Point definately has the best bathrooms ever!! SDC is my home and i freely admit Moss Point's bathrooms are better than ours.

Friendliest DZ - Greene County
Best View from the air - Sebastian
Best overall facilities - SDC
Best Food - wherever scotty n tami are
Best plane - Mullins King Air
Best pilot -wherever Pete is flying

I really like DZ's that have a washer/dryer available too.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I seriously doubt there is a "number one" drop zone... they've all got a different flavor and have strengths and weaknesses. Besides, its really the skydivers that "make" the dz.
I've only visited a few..

Best place for new jumpers to feel welcome and learn from more experienced jumpers without feeling like a huge loser... Tennessee Skydiving Center.
Same category, worst place.. ASC, Cedartown.

Skydive San Marcos has great facilites, friendly staff and up-jumpers, and a nice big landing area. And its near Austin.. the coolest part of Texas. (or would that be hottest? :)

And watch out for the showers at the Ranch; they're boiling!!!!

better too hot then too cold, right?

F#@$ the facilities, fly the fantasy. My vote goes to the ranch. Great, friendly people with tons of talent, always willing to help those that need/want more experience, spontaneous occurances.....

FLY BABY FLY ;):)
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Best view - Skydive Hawaii 1st, Skydive Monterey Bay 2nd
Best vibe/nicest people - Skydive California City, Z-Hills
Best Grass - SDC
Everything a skydiver needs, almost nothing they don't - Rantoul during WFFC, what a blast!!!
Personal all-around fave - Skydive Hawaii
Oh and Best Bathrooms - Moss Point Mississippi

Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Miranda,
If you'd come over to the men's shower with us, you'd see the best showers, the womens' must be worse.

Nice try, but I've seen the guys' showers. ;)B|

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

>Best floater bars, handles and camera step on an Otter - SDC

I'll disagree here and say any of the new CSS planes have better float bars and all but Yankee Doodle have great camera steps. Problem is the planes are all over the east coast so its hard telling when one will be at a DZ near you. The Chicagoland Otter has a super large float bar now too.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I hear Skydive Wayne County also has hot Asian boys.

Well, they did...but now I am at spaceland... I hear they are still having red hot ass slapin' skydiver monkey sex though

;)

-yoshi