schattenjaeger

So uhh..braces aren't gonna affect my skydiving, are they?

A good friend of mine jumped the entire time he had braces. He shot camera for the 4-way team I jump on. He did have a problem with falling into the back of the team (it was NOT pretty). That had him on the ground while his mouth healed for a while...

Pendejo

Pendejo

He who swoops the ditch and does not get out buys the BEER!!

Two things I would do (obviously check with your dentist to be 100% sure).

1) Buy one of those plastic mouth pieces boxers wear.

2) Put it in boiling water for about 1 minute, take it out put it in your mouth so it will form to your teeth. Once it does you are good to go.

Forty-two

I have had braces for just over 2 years and there has been not much of a problem with them. I even shoot video but only with a full faced BH flattop pro.
I have had some pain in using the mindwarp type camera helmet. The kind that have a chincup. I have landed from jumps with my lips stuck to them and It is painful. I would strongly discourage from using any type of helmet that has a chin cup fastening system. other than that Boogie On!
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"

personally, I'd look into a mouthguard.

the kind that has a loop that attaches to your helmet strap, so you can't accidentally swallow it or something.

braces can seriously slice the insides of your lips open, so be very careful if you're doing RW or have a bad landing or something.

But we always wear metal in the sky with us, our 3 rings, hip rings, handles, housings, cables, metal in helmets, altimeters :D We're already lightning rods :D

... she was talking about Schattenjaeger, she doesn't care if you get fried, Casch...

KIDDING!! JUST KIDDING!! ;);)

edited to fix my spelling. What can I say, I'm a drittle lunk....
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

At first it will be a little weird. But soon you'll get used to it. Your mouth has to adjust to the extra material that is around. Also remember these things are actually moving your, up to now, stationary teeth.

They may be a little tender which can make eating a little taxing. Wait till they tighten em for the first time. Yeah I was sore fore a week each time.

hey there !

I'm 30 years old and i got my braces two days before the Nationals .... !! But we still got a medal so don't worry - you'll be fine !! But you'll have to learn to drink more to take away the pain over the first couple weeks ,,,,,, that's my excuse anyway for being rather conspicuously ill and then passing out about 10.30pm at the big after Nationals piss up !!

hurrah ! braces are great - a conversation piece plus you get to try out all colours of elastics one day pink the next turquoise a la mode darling

blue skies, anna (born again teenager i like to think) ps i wear a Z1 and it's absolutely fine in freefall ;-)