brewman

What equipment do you carry?

I'm new to the sport and am curious as to what extra equipment people carry on their skydives beyond the required basics for jumping at a typical dropzone. Things like: hook knife, money, drivers license, insurance card, cell phone, etc. Also, what have you actually had to use that you carry?

hook knife, Special Forces coin (in case I get challenged) rubber bands (so I don't have to go dig in my bag when I pack) pull up cord (see rubber bands)

Never used the hook knife, been coin checked once, and use the pull up and rubber bands all the time.

Oh, yeah, I keep extra gaffers tape on my camera helmet.

I carry a hook knife, mp3 player, pull-up cord, and rubber bands on me while in the air. When you land off, having the pull-up cord and rubber bands is nice so you can pack while you wait to be found (you'll be ready for the next load when you get back), or pack and then walk back (easier to carry all that shit in form of a backpack). The tunes are good for the ride up, and for long walks back from landing out.

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

I always keep some rubber bands and a pullup cord in my jumpsuit, but never even thought about how nice it is to have them for an off landing. I just carry them there so i have them when i'm packing. During normal jumps I don't carry anything else. For night jumps I bring a cell phone and a flashlight if I have one with me.

Dave

It depends on the DZ, I’am at home or not.

At home I’ll more times then not have a rag to cleaning goggles and a pull up cord. During night jumps I add on some money for a phone call and a small flashlight

Visiting others I usually carry more; my membership card, tickets, enough to field pack (rubber bands, pull up cord and a closing loop with a washer), rag for the goggles, and enough money for a phone call.
Memento Mori

A fifth of whiskey, condoms, a whistle, a rubber duck, three wingnuts and a green glow stick.

ROFL. Is that what the Superman lunch box is for, Sean? I've been meaning to ask...

I carry my Driver's license and some pocket funds. I've been considering a Rino GPS/Radio handheld but I don't want anything heavy in my pockets until I get a little better at landing :-)
Owned by Remi #?

A clean pair of underwear.....my mother always told me that if I was ever injured to have clean undies on....so....always carry a clean pair of undies...that way if you shit yourself landing on farmer McNastys prise heffer...you can slip into a clean pair and make your mother proud..before your picked up by emergency servicesB|

A fifth of whiskey, condoms, a whistle, a rubber duck, three wingnuts and a green glow stick

Wing nuts?!? You sick little monkey!!!

...And what on earth do you expect to do
with only ONE rubber duck!!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Stashed on my rig I have: A hook knife, a $20 bill, $1 in quarters, two pull-up cords, a 5' length of gutted 550 cord, and my late fiance's St. Christopher medal is tacked on the inside wall of the back-pad on my rig.

In my jumpsuit I carry a tin of Altoid's cinnamon strips for my student's and a pack of cleaning cloths for my Oakleys. If I'm doing CRW or a high hop n pop I'll take my cell phone too.

In my gear bag I keep:
My Mindwarp helmet
My FF suit and my BirdMan suit
A Leatherman Wave
A small Swiss Army knife (the scissors are a godsend for removing broken rubber bands)
My logbook
A pair of goggles in case it's dark or something happens to my Oakleys.
My old kill-line PC with FF handle.
Tacky gloves (and some latex gloves for liners when it's really cold)
Some Shout Wipes (Why did I get white trim tape on my rig?)
Extra pens
A Scott's Grip for packing
Strobe light in case we decide to do a night jump
Spare Tube Stoes
Assorted non-drowsy sinus meds & some Alleve
A lighter
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

On Me -
Pullup cord.
Couple extra rubber bands.
Cheap disposable camera for those "Kodak" moments.
Driver's license, a business card from the DZ, and my USPA card.

In the gearbag - (aside from the usual helmet, jumpsuit, logbook, etc-)
Extra pullups, Motrin, more rubber bands, Rolaids, Sudafed, water - In the summertime I keep some extra clothes, toothbrush, and contact lens crap in there - In the winter time all the same and some extra warm clothes. And a VHS tape tp dub vidoe footage on.

Easy Does It

Pull up cord is always in the harness pocket, and so is emergency jump ticket. that's in case i don't have any money and i desperately need a minute of freefall;)

And depends on how many jumps per hour i do, but sometimes i take food and drinks with me, which get consumed on the ride up.
"George just lucky i guess!"