Sped

Status report on Paul Bliss

Have not heard anything yet as of 12:00 PM. Waiting for a call anytime. We told Jim yesterday to keep us informed and call at once if something changes. So no news is is good news in that things are as they were yesterday. Once either I or Tom Balboni find out what the scoop is we will get it posted. Also when we get the word on where to send cards, letters, beer, and dirty magazines we will pass that on as well. Thanks again everyone.
Ed
Ed "Sped" Hauck
D-12662
[email protected]

Finally got a phone call from Jim about Paul's day today. They had him sitting up at 60 degrees most of the day and had him holding himself up at 90 degrees for awhile taking Xrays, etc. He has been in pretty good spirits today. The docs decided that his vitals have been so well and steady since surgery that they moved him from the surgical unit he has been in to a regular recovery room. I will be getting a call in the evenings now instead of twice a day to find out how his day went and will get it out to everyone as soon as I hang up the phone. Even though he's not taking calls and visitors right now, if anyone wants to email me directly I'll get them all put together and get them down there so he will have them. Thanks everybody.
Ed "Sped" Hauck
D-12662
[email protected]

I didnt get a call last night as everyone got home late. I did get to talk to Paul today for a couple of minutes. He is really short of breath because of the fluid buildup in his lungs from being on the gas so long in surgery. He is in really, really good spirits and very heads up. He was really proud of the fact that the Diamond was completed and went to 65. They are going to get him up in a chair tomorrow and and get him used to sitting up for extended periods. After which they are going to move him to a rehab center in Tallahassee. He is looking at getting there by tuesday at the outside. He was having a real hard time breathing and talking so I told him to quit talking while I passed a everyones names and emails I had recieved to him. He told me to pass on to everyone his deepest thanks for the support, prayers and good words.He said he would call me next week when he gets squared away in Tallahasse and we'll take it from there. I have a spare laptop here I am getting setup right now to ship to him to use while he is in rehab to be able to get out to everyone through the web. It sure was good to hear his voice. I will add more as I get it. Thanks everyone.
Ed "Sped" Hauck
D-12662
[email protected]

I haven't heard anything in a couple of days. I guess they took Jim to surgery to get the Cell Phone removed from his ear as he has been bombarded for the last week. But I do know they were going to be busy getting him up and down and ready to move back to Tallahassee. I will Give Jim a call later today and get an update.
Ed "Sped" Hauck
D-12662
[email protected]

I just got off the phone with Jim and got the kind of news we have all been waiting for. The neurosurgeon was in checking Pauls reflexes on various parts of his body and during the exam he was moving the big toe on his left foot!! Still too soon to tell what that means but we will take anything we can get!! Paul had some very special vistors last night. The family that was first on the scene with him at the accident site came in to see him. They have been looking for him since last saturday and finally found him yesterday. Come to find out they live only a mile and a half from Paul in Tallahassee!! Needless to say there were lots of tears and hugs in the room last night. Why they were at that exact place in that moment in time can only be chalked up to one thing. God sure is doing that mysterious ways thing with Paul. Paul Ferrell has been right there through most of this and has been helping out in some very special ways over the past few days. My hat is off to him for all his effort. I have been saving emails and messages to paul in an email address book and will slap it in this laptop to make it easier for him to reply to everyone once I get him squared away on it. More to come later.
Ed "Sped" Hauck
D-12662
[email protected]

I got to talk to Paul for a few minutes this morning and he had some really good news. He wiggled his toes last night for the neurosurgeon while she was checking his reflexes. This morning she checked the bottom of his foot and he jerked it away from her because it tickled!! Awesome news!! His was sitting up in a chair at the time I was talking to him and they were getting ready to do physical therapy. He said he is signed out of the hospital but was waiting on insurance red tape BS to stamp his papers to transfer him to the rehab center in Tallahassee. The ambulance and the bed at the rehab is all lined up. just waiting on the word. He said he wont be going today/tonight but would definitely be going there sometime tomorrow. He is real optimistic and his outlook moving forward is definitely a "go get em" attitude. I will be posting an address where cards, letters, etc, can be mailed once I talk to Jim or Paul again and find out which address they want me to give out. Util next time everyone.
Ed "Sped" Hauck
D-12662
[email protected]

Got a call from jim this afternoon from his car on I-10 following the ambulance carrying Paul to the rehab center in Tallahassee. I will have contact info, addresses, etc. tomorrow night as soon he gets settled in as and I get a call from them with the information. He will be doing some pretty heavy duty rehab during the daytime hours and as soon as he gets this laptop of mine he will be on the web in the evenings for a little while each night. I dont have access to his home PC from NJ so I am setting him up from scratch. Anyone who wants me to add them to the address book I am putting together for him, send me an email with your name and anything you want to say to Paul and I will add the info and the emails to it.
Ed "Sped" Hauck
D-12662
[email protected]

Thanks for the updates Ed. We have been watching these threads since we got the news on Sat. Hope to go see Paul soon, although I will probably wait a few days and find out if he wants visitors. Seems from the post in the CRW forum that he is good sprirts, as he is already speaking of a trip to bike week. Ed, if you get to Tally to see Paul, Come by the DZ and see us. I think I saw that old Racer of yours laying around. We could pack that thing up and go make a jump. Jeff

Jeff I always make it to the DZ whenever I get to town. It just somehow dont feel like being home unless I get out there and see Cindy and the gang. My old racer is still around?!?! Man ya making me feel old again!! Who knows what will happen next time I show up, anything is possible!
Later
Ed "Sped" Hauck
D-12662
[email protected]

Paul is doing fine this evening. Didnt have much time on the phone as the doc was coming in to check him out. He did get to talk to Terry and my 2 girls which was good for everyone. I have contact info for Paul for anyone who wants to send something to him. I apologize for not gettig some contact info out until now but we wanted to wait until he was settled in back in Tallahassee before giving up and address. That way stuff wouldnt be chasing him around the state. This is his business address and as it not very far from the rehab center it will provide a central place to mail to, also it will keep his personal address off the internet.

To: Paul Bliss
Bliss Pool & Spa Designs, inc.
1716 Thomasville Rd.
Tallahassee, FL

Several people will be checking the mail there.
Until later everyone
Ed "Sped" Hauck
D-12662
[email protected]

Spoke with Paul tonight he was doing well and moving right along. I will only be calling him every few days now that he is doing better. I wont be posting as much in the coming days unless something drastically changes. Thanks for putting up with me gang and I'll be dropping back in from time to time.
Ed "Sped" Hauck
D-12662
[email protected]