quade

Tennesse Skydiving Center -- Aircraft

and i think you will find that the drop zones out there that are useing 1800skyride are loveing the amount of buissness that they have recived from themm....

I don't know... I wouldn't want my DZ to be affiliated with them. The repeat business has to be non-existant (if there's really any first-time business) - how ripped off would you feel if you bought a tandem from skyride, then later find out you probably drove past another DZ or two and paid $50+ dollars more than you should of.

And really, they should drop the whole NSA crap - or at least keep the two sites consistent.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Look, Mark- no one has ever said that Cedartown is 'uncool' or has bad skydivers there. This thread started as a tongue in cheek 'poke fun at the advertising' (ala Point Break, or Dropzone, or any of the other movies where we pick at the misrepresentations). But what is coming out here I hear echoed at DZ after DZ after DZ. It's not the competition thing- no one is denying that Cary has built a successful operation and is a shrewd businessman. He markets well, markets aggressively, and looks to expand all the time.

The root of the 'anti-cedartown' thing is that many skydivers I meet feel that ASC turns a lot of people off to the sport. Imagine driving four hours or more to the only skydiving operation in 'your area' where you find out that the prices change, or the plane that day costs more, or whatever (read the reviews). You go home feeling like you got put over a barrel and pumped. We don't sell used cars in this sport- we sell fun, comraderie, and an escape from your problems. If someone asks me about the sport and where they can jump I tell them where the closest operations are even if it is Rome, Thomaston, or (gasp) Cedartown. Then I encourage them to get on the phone, check out the vibe, and decide if this is the right place for them.

I have never turned a potential off to a particular DZ, but I encourage them to do research and exercise 'due diligence' before plunking down the money.

And Wildblue- what the hell IS that thing on your avatar!

Look, Mark- no one has ever said that Cedartown is 'uncool' or has bad skydivers there. This thread started as a tongue in cheek 'poke fun at the advertising' (ala Point Break, or Dropzone, or any of the other movies where we pick at the misrepresentations). But what is coming out here I hear echoed at DZ after DZ after DZ. It's not the competition thing- no one is denying that Cary has built a successful operation and is a shrewd businessman. He markets well, markets aggressively, and looks to expand all the time.

The root of the 'anti-cedartown' thing is that many skydivers I meet feel that ASC turns a lot of people off to the sport. Imagine driving four hours or more to the only skydiving operation in 'your area' where you find out that the prices change, or the plane that day costs more, or whatever (read the reviews). You go home feeling like you got put over a barrel and pumped. We don't sell used cars in this sport- we sell fun, comraderie, and an escape from your problems. If someone asks me about the sport and where they can jump I tell them where the closest operations are even if it is Rome, Thomaston, or (gasp) Cedartown. Then I encourage them to get on the phone, check out the vibe, and decide if this is the right place for them.

I have never turned a potential off to a particular DZ, but I encourage them to do research and exercise 'due diligence' before plunking down the money.

And Wildblue- what the hell IS that thing on your avatar!

ok you obviously are a better speaker than me so im going to shut up now..

i was going to type more... but i think i should be quiet....

just please peaple...

dont talk shit about my home.... god knows i dont talk shit about yoours...

later

mark

ya ya ya ok i give up/......

Can I get a greenie to spin the dials and end this? It has taken on a life of it's own. Geez- it started out as a joke and look where it ended up.

hahahaha

thats all we need ..... excuse me... thats all i need...

anyways... keep me out of the polatics dammit... i dont want to deal with the polatics...

im sure i will see everyone around here soon it is time for me to make my rounds at all the local dz's

i may be wrong but i dont think anyone pays a fee to be listed... but if they are not in agreement somhow then the consumers they market get sent to the drop zone or hang gliding place that is in agreement..

and i think you will find that the drop zones out there that are useing 1800skyride are loveing the amount of buissness that they have recived from themm....

I would like to hear from DZOs or people that signed up for a jump via SkyRide.
I have heard good and bad about them. I would like to know your experience.

Deceptive DZ Tactics
A drop zone in Cedartown, GA has a number of web sites

[snip]

This was taken from Aerosoftware~
A portal to Jan Meyer our very own resident USPA National Director.

Man - my ears are burning…
I had no idea that my little orphan page from a year ago was linked from so many places.
Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Update:
We recently had a person call 800skyride to purchase a skydive here at Skydive Arizona. This person was wise enough to call SDA and ask some questions.
Please note*
Skydive Arizona will not honor certificates from 800skyride as we are not associated with them. We are also not a part of the National Skydiving Association.
BB

Same thing has happened to us. We do not honor skyride certificates.

Are any DZ's actually affiliated with the "National Skydiving Association except for all of ASC "skydiving centers" across the country. Never heard of them.

"Wildblue", to answer your post a while ago, yep, we were approached early summer. After the pitch, we told them
we would never use their services

Lee
SGC

I know this post is Old ...would like to add ..while reading
I do know that ASC ..posts stickers all over my town . This is not the problem-ASC just be forward and let people know that your from Cedartown Ga, not Tenn Skydiving Center which I happen to jump at in Tullahoma, Tn. This is often Misleading . Word of Advice ..Be Straight about were you are. Non jumpers think that your somewhere close only to be saddened by the fact your in GA. ...;)
The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

If you don't like the stickers - compain to the city, they are not up here anymore because the city went around and cleaned them all up. Also, here in Alabama it is against the law to advertise on the state right of way so whomever is putting them up is breaking the law.

Folks, please !! What those, are doing is just plain wrong. For the ones that are really bothered with it, why don't you all call the Better Business Bureau and/or the Federal Trade Commission...Someone will, eventually, do something about it.
"Skydivers pettiness is preventing our sport from growth."

If you don't like the stickers - compain to the city, they are not up here anymore because the city went around and cleaned them all up. Also, here in Alabama it is against the law to advertise on the state right of way so whomever is putting them up is breaking the law. ***
I have for the most part, cleaned up the Birmingham area periodically of ASC's illegal signs and stickers over the past 3 years. I've thrown them in the dumpster or burned them in the bonfire, but most recently have used the confiscated signs as target practice to help a friend straighten his deer rifle scope. Who said these signs were completely worthless? :D It's more fun than just calling the police to complain.

It's good to see more and more people realizing the scope of ASC's advertising scams that I started railing against 3 years ago.

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Folks, please !! What those, are doing is just plain wrong. For the ones that are really bothered with it, why don't you all call the Better Business Bureau and/or the Federal Trade Commission...Someone will, eventually, do something about it.
"Skydivers pettiness is preventing our sport from growth."

The Better Business Bureau has an unsatisfactory rating on ASC, or at least last time I checked. The BBB is not a regulatory agency. All the BBB will do is keep their rating unsatisfactory until the complaints are satisfied.
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Thanks Judy. I understand BBB's role. Mentioned as place to start, if is already an unsatisfactory rating there, well, that's what the BBB does.
Perhaps the regulatory agency is the FTC(Federal Trade Commission) ? Anybody ? Anybody with more knowledge or experience on this ??

Yeah, the FTC would get involved after a DZ or jumper complained. The complaintant would have to have a valid complaint - ie, the jumper that was sent to Eloy with an invalid gift certificate, or a DZO thats lost business to a ficticious dropzone.

I can't see any reason why it isn't fraud... It's just small potatoes so the gov't won't get involved unless they get a bunch of complaints.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Check to see if theyre listed as Adventure Skydiving Center?

Both Adventure Sky Diving and Adventure Skydiving Center are listed as a Ceramic & Equipment. Both have had complaints but appear to be resolved. I wonder why they would resolve those complaints but not all the ones listed under Atlanta Skydiving Center.

Now, Alabama Skydiving is listed an actual parachuting center.

I suggested to the GM committee that if a dz has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB they should be either dropped as a GM dz or penalized in some way (membership suspended) and was told it would take to long. I went through every state and just typed in skydive, skydiving, and parachute and went through every dz listed on bbb in about 1 hour.

Things that make you go hummmmm...
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Tn Skydiving Center did have a Beech but I believe they have a cessna right now. Everyone there is super nice and it would be a great place to take family members who want to make tandems.

Skydive Alabama (my home dz ;)) has a King Air. You can check out the website here for directions.

And I'm not too sure about West Tn Skydiving since Mullins King Air just left. You may need to call them and ask if nobody else posts that info.
Pink Mafia Sis #26

WTS has a souped-up Cessna 195 when Mullins is not there. From the WTS website:

The West Tennessee Skydiving Super Cessna 195 has been modified with a 450 hp engine, lexan in-flight door, large step, and floater handles. It will take 5 jumpers to 13,000' in 14 minutes under standard conditions. It is the fastest climbing Cessna in the country. It is available on weekends and on weekdays by appointment.

Brent

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com