SkydiveNFlorida

Does your dz award you a jump ticket for referral?

They used to hook us up with a jump ticket per tandem. Don't know about AFF, cuz I never brought one. I don't think they do anymore (for tandem), so I voted "no". To be honest, they should keep the jumptick-per-tandem policy - I have a lot less motivation to recommend my home DZ...

I did my AFF in Capetown and they paid £10 for every tandem or static line we brought in. I was staying in hostels whilst I was there so at the bar at night I would get pissed people to promise they would come do a tandem then haul their hungover asses out of bed, after i'd hauled my lazy ass out. I'd give them a lift down and reap the benefits. Most I ever made in a day was £70 but after a while I had to be disdreet about it because the hostel got shitty about me doing it because they thought they were losing their comission on it even thought these were people who were never going to jump until I talk to them for ages about doing it and finally they came round.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

Elsinore gives a jump ticket for a Tandem or AFF1 referral. That's how my roomie got a free jump out of me. . .

We even have a group of people that are meeting in April to do tandems. . .we decided we would split the jump tickets for that one since we both did the recruiting. . .

Hopefully some of them will stick around and enjoy the sport. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

Skydive Sebastian has always given a jump ticket to any jumper who BRINGS a Tandem or AFFL1 student.
Is just simply good business.B|

I agree, it is good business. I did bring an AFFL1 student, you should make it clear in advance, though, that you don't give the jump ticket until the student graduates AFF, because it was not made clear to me until after I had brought the student. No bother, I still got the ticket,... just a little later than i'd expected is all:)

Take care & happy holidays to you all up in Sebastian!:)
Angela.

It really is a wise decision for a DZ to offer a lift ticket for experienced jumpers for when they refer a tandem. From the DZO's I've talked to, they say that this referal system is the backbone of their anvertising. Currently, I have been awarded around 5 jumps by refering tandems, and when the DZ opens back up in Jan, I will have a number of other referals that are waiting. This is a must for a poor college kid like myself - creates a win-win situation for both myself and the Dropzone.
=========Shaun ==========

Yeah, I got a lot of jumps this way this year. I like getting the free jump, but love even more the fact that maybe some of them will embrace it as much as we do and stick around to become junkies. I gave out 1st time jumps as wedding presents twice this year....just trying to spread the thrill.

They should give you the jump ticket as soon as the student/tandem passenger pays.

I don't think it matters if the student graduates or not 'cause they have already paid! If they fail, then they have to pay again! ;)

This was an AFF1 referral. I thought i'd get the ticket for the referral once the person paid AFF1, but they had to finish the AFF program (all of the levels). I assume if the person had paid the 1300$ up front they would have given me the ticket. I thought it was for the AFF1, though, not that the entire course had to be completed. this was just my understanding, it was not clear or I just made an assumption. I just think it should be made clear that the person referring the jumper doesn't get a ticket until after the whole program is completed.

Angela.

Complete the AFF program to get a ticket? You might earn one ticket a year at the most.

I like my DZ. Bring a Tandem, get a free slot on the next load. Lets you jump with the tandem if you have the experience. Or if you are really nice and kiss up to a video flyer you can get a free Tandem video out of them if they want to jump just for the swoop... :)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Complete the AFF program to get a ticket? You might earn one ticket a year at the most.

I like my DZ. Bring a Tandem, get a free slot on the next load. Lets you jump with the tandem if you have the experience. Or if you are really nice and kiss up to a video flyer you can get a free Tandem video out of them if they want to jump just for the swoop... :)

They also award them for Tandems.

Angela.

At both ZHills and Cross Keys you get a jump ticket for every firs ttiem tandem student or AFF level 1 student.

__

Yeihaa !! :)
This is good to know since I have succesfully lured 2 of my friends to do AFF in ZHills next week !!

Where can I collect my tickets ??:):ph34r::)