Unstable

NEVER JUMPED A 182?!??!?!?!

taking any tandems out of them so far. I shudder at the dark prospect

Tandems with video out of a 182 is sort of an art form,and I only say that having watched it.

The actual exit is the easy part. It's the getting the passenger and yourself into position that resembles badly performed yoga.

You wanna really have fun try being the 2nd tandem pair out of a 182.B| I recommend soccer shin guards and knee pads. And a hard helmet.

This kinda makes me wonder how they throw students out of an Otter or Tailgate. I've done coach jumps with student from a King Air, no problem, but I never figured out where you hook the Static Line if that is your training method...
=========Shaun ==========

I've got over 200 jumps from a Cesna. No complaints. While the ride to altitude is a bit long, it's just a comfortable space to me.

I've put a handful of static line students out of an otter... there are a few ways to do it. I assume Kingair would be simmilar... most convienent on the otter is to hook the line up to the interior haindrail above the door.

Bwwwhhhhaaa!!! I jump Paracomanders for old time sake!!! I believe 75% of my 650 jumps are from a c-182. I have jumped a CASA, King Air (Mullins), Otter, SkyVan, C-130, 727 Jet, Beech, Caravan, just to name a few but I think I would miss jumping a 182. I video from a C-182 now.

if you ever rip one and need a scapegoat, THERE SHE IS!!!! :$

Hahaha, I think that might come in handy!! B|

i try to leave the forums for one weekend, and look what happens. why is it that i am so easily picked on?? could be due to the fact that a majority of the time i am the only nonstudent female out at the dz?? oh, well, if you can dish it, you better be able to take it ;)

never did... seen one once, but was not flying, cause the DZ was operating our porter that week end.
Only jumped from turbines (for the moment)
Caravan
Porter
Otter
Squirrel

But got nothing against pistons. just never had the opportunity. love to jump different aircraft
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

This kinda makes me wonder how they throw students out of an Otter or Tailgate. I've done coach jumps with student from a King Air, no problem, but I never figured out where you hook the Static Line if that is your training method...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

For Tailgate or Twin Otter, you just hook the static-line to a seatbelt anchor near the tailgate or door.
You don't drop static-liners from King Airs as they fly way too fast on jump run. Just ask the Alaska smokejumpers about all the hassles they had dropping S/Lers out of Beech 99s (a stretched King Air).

taking any tandems out of them so far. I shudder at the dark prospect

Tandems with video out of a 182 is sort of an art form,and I only say that having watched it.

The actual exit is the easy part. It's the getting the passenger and yourself into position that resembles badly performed yoga.

You wanna really have fun try being the 2nd tandem pair out of a 182.B| I recommend soccer shin guards and knee pads. And a hard helmet.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wow!
What technique are you using?
I must have over a thousand tandem jumps (2.700 total) out of Cessnas without bashing my shins or doing exotic yoga positions.
Granted, I stopped doing RWS textbook exits more than a decade ago - something about a bent reserve pin.
Since than I have only done sitting exits from Cessnas. I just sit with my back against the instrument panel, get the student's feet near the step and launch over top of them. My 200 pounds and 6 feet may be a bit tight in the front of a narrow-body 182, but that is the quickest and simplest way I know of getting a tandem student out of a Cessna.

[reply Are there any of those "deprived" or "Spoiled Rotten" jumpers out there who could help me understand this?

Eloy baby...

cessna? whats that? ;)

was jump 250ish at Kapowsin before i jumped out of a cessna...fun little plane, but give me the otter (or the caravan) any day!

I remember when I first started jumping and would watch other people do hop n pops out of the Cessna at 3,500, I would say, "I will never jump out that low and I will never jump out of a plane that small" Many people said, just wait til it's 25 degrees out or the ceiling is 3,800 feet, and I just kept saying it would never happen. Well needless to say, they were right. I did jump #25 last weekend, first jump out of a Cessna, not to mention at 3,800 ft ;) It had been two weeks since my last jump and it was all that was going up that day, so hell ya, I went and loved it. The next jump of the day we got enough people for a Otter load and planned on going up to 3,800 and was ecstatic to go almost to 5,000, when a few weeks prior, I wimped out on my first hop n pop at 5,000, what a change in perspective. I must say that was my most favorite jump so far, there was 12 of us and only about 5 seconds between exits, when I opened and took a look around, it was such an awesome feeling to be surrounded by 11 of my friends under canopy, usually only 1 or 2 and usually pretty far away. It was definitely my favorite jump to date, cannot wait to get my A license and be able to jump in groups...2 jumps to go!!!

Melissa

"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"

My first four jumps, SL 1978 and 79, were out of a 182. All of those this year (so I took a short break ;)) have been Twin Bonanza, King Air and Otter. All were great but there is something a little more thrilling about standing on the wheel and hanging on to the strut.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

i have never jumped a 182, i have over 500 skydives... why the hell would i jump a 182 when i can jump a skyvan or an otter or a steerman, or a porter, or an alouette 2 helli, or at least a caravan. yeah i am definetly spoield by croskeys, but i prefer the 15 min ride up.
-------------------------
~~~i love this shit~~~

While I have jumped a turbine, my regular plane is now a Cessna 185 and although its small, its cosy and warm (nice little heater going on!!) Id defo prefure to jump that then not jump at all! Not all of us are lucky enuf to have a turbine available!!! I say jump what you're given and find ways of making it even more fun!! ;)

Bx
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1